cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on setting up Audio-Technica ATH-M50X.

pashaparfeny
Level 7
Good day to all, I'm interested in the question of the equalizer and the built-in sound card.
I purchased these headphones after much deliberation and came to the conclusion that these headphones are well suited for constant wear at the computer, i.e. for games, music, multimedia.
My motherboard (Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming Wi-Fi) has an integrated sound card:
ROG SupremeFX7.1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A
as I understand it, it can output up to 113 db frequencies, are there those who used DTS Sound Unbound Headphone and Dolby Acces?
If so, is there a difference in 7.1? Or can you not compare?
It’s just that DTS even has a special profile for these headphones, and also in Sonic Studio 3 you can also choose an equalizer specifically for these headphones, is there such a thing in Dolby Acces?
I am also considering the option of a separate sound card up to 20t.r, but only in 1-2 years, but for now I will be on the built-in one.
P.S And I apologize for my English, I'm not very good at word placement. =(
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Since your headphones only have 2 channels (not 8, which is what you need for 7.1), the only way to get surround sound is through emulation. There are several options and so you should try each to find one that brings more realism for you. It may help to do some research on a technique called HRTF. Some games offer settings for it, such as Valorant.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Since your headphones only have 2 channels (not 8, which is what you need for 7.1), the only way to get surround sound is through emulation. There are several options and so you should try each to find one that brings more realism for you. It may help to do some research on a technique called HRTF. Some games offer settings for it, such as Valorant.

MasterC@ROG wrote:

Yes, I check both options but I can’t find the differences, it’s just that someone has already compared.