cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems/Bugs with ROG forum site

Korth
Level 14
I've been away for a while, but coming back I find the site is awfully slow and sluggish. On two different PCs with four different operating systems and browsers (including two "plain vanilla" fresh installs with no reconfiguration, add-ons, or extensions). Yes, I've tried cleaning caches and cookies, dumping history, etc, it hasn't made any real difference. I also don't have these sorts of issues on other forums I regularly visit, the browsers work fine on other sites.

I receive server timeout error messages many times when attempting to submit comments or edits (fortunately I always copy lengthy posts into clipboard before submitting, lol).

I am unable to change anything in my profile settings, for example I can't update my system specs because there's no longer any edit "buttons" to click click on.

As often as not when I click on anything (including the ROG home logo in the upper left corner) I receive a page full of unexecuted error script.

I recall the site being sluggish back in the days of rampant spammers (and I notice on the forum homepage that much spam is now automatically banned). But the site now seems consistently almost-as-bad as the worst-it-ever-was in terms of responsiveness and reliability. Asus really needs to make it's websites work properly if it seriously wants people to keep visiting.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]
4 REPLIES 4

Praz
Level 13
Hello

What you are experiencing is the norm for the forum. It will hopefully get better by the end of the year or early next year.

Bahz
Level 12
The forum was extremely slow and went down during Sat for a period of time, I've reported it to our MIS team and they got it back up as soon as possible. For those who don't know, the ROG forum has often experienced DDOS attacks, so when the forum is extremely slow or you keep getting error messages, it's normally because of these attacks. We're working on a solution to improve our servers which have been upgraded many times throughout this year, however that's not where the problem stems from.

Korth
Level 14
I wasn't aware of the targeted DDoS. Seems that somebody really doesn't like Asus.

To be honest, I'd thought Asus was just too cheap to buy a webserver with adequate bandwidth.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

qwertz
Level 9
Korth wrote:
I've been away for a while, but coming back I find the site is awfully slow and sluggish. On two different PCs with four different operating systems and browsers (including two "plain vanilla" fresh installs with no reconfiguration, add-ons, or extensions). Yes, I've tried cleaning caches and cookies, dumping history, etc, it hasn't made any real difference. I also don't have these sorts of issues on other forums I regularly visit, the browsers work fine on other sites.

I receive server timeout error messages many times when attempting to submit comments or edits (fortunately I always copy lengthy posts into clipboard before submitting, lol).

I am unable to change anything in my profile settings, for example I can't update my system specs because there's no longer any edit "buttons" to click click on.

As often as not when I click on anything (including the ROG home logo in the upper left corner) I receive a page full of unexecuted error script.

I recall the site being sluggish back in the days of rampant spammers (and I notice on the forum homepage that much spam is now automatically banned). But the site now seems consistently almost-as-bad as the worst-it-ever-was in terms of responsiveness and reliability. Asus really needs to make it's websites work properly if it seriously wants people to keep visiting.

Maybe if get faster ROG coumputer the problems will be solved.
Also id like rate this thread but cant , maybe the problem is on my side.
Will the forum bugs get fixed?