cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem editing my avatar.

GercfOx
Level 7
Hello, I'm having problem editing my avatar. I dont know if this is a bug or what but i cant see any button where to add custom avatar.

anyone can comment to help.. thanks

-regards GercfOx

24 REPLIES 24

wrangler
Level 7
And why now I'm not.

wrangler wrote:
And why now I'm not.

hahhaha .. Wrangler .. Welcome to ROG.
This has been asked many times .. and confuses everyone in the beginning .. you are an 'AsusVIP' ..
when you log in look in the very top right .. you will see a blue (0) .. that is the meggage center from
AsusVIP which is the official support site for all Asus products. Your user name and password are
tied to both sites and forums .. this is where, if you ever have the need, that you would put in an
official request for support .. ie .. a RMA.
The appearance and disappearance of the moniker AsusVIP in red white and blue that you see under
your user name in the left panel is part of spam control, post verification, security of this forum.
Every post, Every Member experiences this. Post a new post, and it is there, refresh the page and it
is gone .. it is as it should be .. but you are in every sense of the term an AsusVIP .. pre registered to
request support and/or a RMA. .c.

Thanks. I figured it was some kind of ghost in the machine.

wrangler wrote:
Thanks. I figured it was some kind of ghost in the machine.

lm(butt)off .. hahah .. There is .. His name is MarshallR. .c.

wrangler wrote:
And why now I'm not.

Asus giveth with one hand taketh with the other. 😉

I believe the "VIP" Status has something to do with registering a new product. Although I don't remember actually completing my registration (Internet crapped out) so I'm not sure what the deal is with that.

EDIT: Apparently, I'm no longer a VIP member either, ha.
i7-4770K @ TBD on Maximus VI Formula
Corsair H100i (w/ SP120 PE Static Pressure Fans)
16 (4x4)GB Mushkin Redline 2133Mhz
Asus GTX770 DC2OC-2GD5
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + WD Black 1TB HDD (x2)
Corsair AX860i
Corsair Obsidian 750D

jamRwoo wrote:
Asus giveth with one hand taketh with the other. 😉

I believe the "VIP" Status has something to do with registering a new product. Although I don't remember actually completing my registration (Internet crapped out) so I'm not sure what the deal is with that.

EDIT: Apparently, I'm no longer a VIP member either, ha.

JamRwoo .. Please re-read post #11 below:

chrsplmr wrote:
hahhaha .. Wrangler .. Welcome to ROG.
This has been asked many times .. and confuses everyone in the beginning .. you are an 'AsusVIP' ..
when you log in look in the very top right .. you will see a blue (0) .. that is the meggage center from
AsusVIP which is the official support site for all Asus products. Your user name and password are
tied to both sites and forums .. this is where, if you ever have the need, that you would put in an
official request for support .. ie .. a RMA.
The appearance and disappearance of the moniker AsusVIP in red white and blue that you see under
your user name in the left panel is part of spam control, post verification, security of this forum.
Every post, Every Member experiences this. Post a new post, and it is there, refresh the page and it
is gone .. it is as it should be .. but you are in every sense of the term an AsusVIP .. pre registered to request support and/or a RMA. .c.

I think this one should be stickied.

Thanks for the info everyone. I just realized that I had 2 different accounts registered to ASUS. Probably because I had created an ASUS account when I first bought a motherboard. Then a 2nd one whenever I first wanted to post in the ROG forums. I didn't realize I could have logged in to the ROG forums with my already established ASUS account. Would you believe I didn't realize this until just recently after having my ASUS account for a good 3 years already? That's why I only have 3 posts or something with this account. Anyway, I had to go through this whole process of switching email addresses between both accounts so I could make this account my primary one and stop using my 2nd account. What a hassle. I wish I could just merge the 2 accounts into one.

I forgot to ask, does anyone know if I'll be able to edit my nickname on these forums if I get to 5 posts? I'll probably find out with this post, but I'm asking anyway just in case I don't. 😛

this was driving me crazy....thanks for the info