cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probelt and overclocking ?

CoachHines
Level 8
'm curious if your motherboard has Probelt, can you use a multiMeter to get the voltages of your motherboard, therefore knowing exactly the correct voltages for over clocking ?
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi CoachHines

My motherboard doesn't have probelt but.....

It's not necessary to go to extreme for voltage monitoring, I personally use Hwinfo for clock speed, temp, and voltage monitoring.

It's accurate for monitoring most everything in your pc and it's free too. If you'd like to try it, under "Installer" click Free Download in green.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Here is an example, the Vcore is the cpu voltage.

Click the pic to make it bigger and again to make it clearer.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi CoachHines

My motherboard doesn't have probelt but.....

It's not necessary to go to extreme for voltage monitoring, I personally use Hwinfo for clock speed, temp, and voltage monitoring.

It's accurate for monitoring most everything in your pc and it's free too. If you'd like to try it, under "Installer" click Free Download in green.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Here is an example, the Vcore is the cpu voltage.

Click the pic to make it bigger and again to make it clearer.

Therefore you can use a multimeter to check the voltages and to get an accurate voltage for overclocking, as you said; that is the extreme method for overclocking, correct ?

Nate152
To be honest, I've never used a voltage meter for overclocking as there is no need for one. Hwinfo tells me all the voltages I need to know for overclocking.

I have the 7700k overclocked to 5.2GHz. In the bios I set CPU Core/Cache voltage to 1.440v with LLC set to 6, the voltage fluctuates from 1.440v up to 1.456v which I'm fine with. The voltage will fluctuate .016v up or down depending on the LLC level, there's really no way to avoid a little fluctuating, you just get it to where you're happy.

Blue is cpu core clock, temperature, Vcore is the CPU Core/Cache voltage.

Red is My ram settings

Click the pic twice.