cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST Error b2 on Rog Maximus XI Hero ( Wifi )

vastmehul
Level 7
Hello,
I was getting issue on Boot of my Rog Maximus XI Hero.
I have Tried swapping memory sticks. Reseating all the components except Cooler and Processor
I was getting different Q-Codes. 64, 55. Boot would go in Mem Ok mode and would get start in Safe POST Mode. The trend continued for most of the Boots.
Then once when I finally got my boot in windows, I powered off and I disabled the Mem OK! II on the board.

Since then I get b2 on cold start. then when I power off using CPU Power button(Long press) and start it again(Soft Start) it boots up properly.
Thats how I am starting it since then.

I would like to know if taking it to a service center would solve the issue or is there something else to be done here. My product is still under warranty.

My Configuration
Intel i7 8700k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHZ 8GBx 2
Coolermaster Liquid cooler
Asus GTX 960 Graphic card
Corsair VS650 PSU
3 REPLIES 3

Re
Level 10
vastmehul wrote:
Hello,
I was getting issue on Boot of my Rog Maximus XI Hero.
I have Tried swapping memory sticks. Reseating all the components except Cooler and Processor
I was getting different Q-Codes. 64, 55. Boot would go in Mem Ok mode and would get start in Safe POST Mode. The trend continued for most of the Boots.
Then once when I finally got my boot in windows, I powered off and I disabled the Mem OK! II on the board.

Since then I get b2 on cold start. then when I power off using CPU Power button(Long press) and start it again(Soft Start) it boots up properly.
Thats how I am starting it since then.

I would like to know if taking it to a service center would solve the issue or is there something else to be done here. My product is still under warranty.

My Configuration
Intel i7 8700k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHZ 8GBx 2
Coolermaster Liquid cooler
Asus GTX 960 Graphic card
Corsair VS650 PSU

do u use xmp profiles? bios update?

RedSector73
Level 12
vastmehul wrote:
Q-Codes. 64, 55.

Both codes are to do with CPU DXE initialization. The (DXE) phase is where most of the system initialization is performed. Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI), the phase prior to DXE, is responsible for initializing permanent memory in the platform so that the DXE phase can be loaded and executed. The state of the system at the end of the PEI phase is passed to the DXE phase through a list of position-independent data structures called Hand-Off Blocks. The Dxe Core produces a set of Boot Services, Runtime Services, and DXE Services. The DXE Dispatcher is responsible for discovering and executing DXE drivers in the correct order. The DXE drivers are responsible for initializing the processor, chipset, and platform components as well as providing software abstractions for system services, console devices, and boot devices.
These components work together to initialize the platform and provide the services required to boot an operating system. The last phase of this post is normally Qcode AA or 40 indicating a successful hand over to the OS.

You would need to identify the faulty component (most likely, unless this is covered) suspect's are CPU, RAM, Motherboard and/or user caused problem.

Q-Codes. B2, Legacy Option ROM Initialization. Has fair few options, first is is USB problem, try disconnecting USB devices. Maybe faulty cable or device. Another post I've seen suggested that the AISUITE application was forcing some unhelpful bios settings at boot up and another suggested make sure that you have all the EPS 12v CPU connectors fitted. Lastly that it's some type of Graphic card problem.

Hope you find this of help.

Tried it all. Taking the board to Service Center. Lets see what happens.