cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post a pic of your setup!

The-Seabigbear
Level 10
Don't know if this is anywhere else but, I thought I would start this thread!

Here's mine!

Saberseabear
ASUS Sabertooth X79
Intel i7-3820
EVGA 760 in SLI
G.SKILL Sniper Series 32GB DDR3 1866
Corsair AX1200W
Corsair H-100
Cooler Master HAF-X

98 REPLIES 98

Gorman
Level 12

> no RoG in sight
RoG is at the service centre. Poor baby spends half it's life there.

Is that your personal museum, @Gorman? 😉
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
Is that your personal museum, @Gorman? 😉

Not really musem, I just prefer the aesthetics of the older cream than the new LEDs and black gloss 😉

You should see the basement, towers of towers and switches!

Gorman wrote:

> no RoG in sight
RoG is at the service centre. Poor baby spends half it's life there.

Kudos to Gorman, I almost got one of those Happy Hacking Keyboards (micro 60-keys) last month with the amazing Topre capacitive switches, in the dark gray, but at $300, ouch. Settled instead on a Ducky Shine 2 TKL in black with backlit ROG LEDs and Cherry MX Brown switches, half the price and 87-keys. Thought I would miss the number pad of a full-sized keyboard, nope, never going back to a 108-key again, love this little Ducky. A smaller keyboard allows your hands closer together, and mouse right next to you, so much more comfortable. How often did I use that silly number pad anyway? It was just in the way most of the time.

In the end, took the advice of an engineering friend of mine who said, the Ducky is more of a writer’s keyboard, and the Happy Hacking is more of a programmer’s keyboard. Maybe a bit of an overgeneralization, but he was just trying to point me in the right direction.

Still might try one of those Happy Hackers in the future, everyone raves about them, think they look awesome in black or cream. Might take some time finding the Function and Arrow and Navigation keys at first, a definite learning curve.:)

Maximus Obsidious “Max”
Chassis : CaseLabs M8
PSU : Corsair Platinum AX860 (Seasonic) w/Corsair Gen2 AX Cables
CPU : Intel 3770k 4.2GHz Vcore 1.282 Delta T=2.5C at idle
RAM : Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz 2X4GB kit
Mobo : Asus Maximus V Extreme (you and me baby)
GPU : Asus 6870 DirectCU (Asus GTX780 5GB Coming Soon) 😛
Cooling : H100i Sanyo-Denki San Ace 120(x6)
Internal SSDs : Intel 520 120GB(x2) RAID0

Gorman
Level 12
Yup, there's a lot more chording, but since all the extra keys are accessible without your hand leaving where it would usually be to touch type I hik it's faster.

Speaking of chording, since the HHKB has a keyboard controller, it has some nice extra features, like NKRO 😉

Ducky shine is a great keyboard. Probably the best 'gaming' mechanical out there.

I do miss numpad in WC3 though 😛

Adouken
Level 7
need more pics.
Asus Rampage IV Formula - Bios 5001 Intel i7 3820 @ 4.3Ghz/ Enermax Liqtech 240 / Arctic MX-4 Asus GeForce GTX 970 DC2-Strix 4GB
16GB DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws-Z 2133Mhz Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Black 64Mb EVGA SuperNova G2-850
Thermaltake Chaser MK-I BENQ XL2411z 144hz Monitor Windows 10 Pro x64

billyray520
Level 10
I had no idea that everyone was putting the 'puter up on their desks now! 😛 I am really old fashioned I guess...

Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

billyray520 wrote:
I had no idea that everyone was putting the 'puter up on their desks now! 😛 I am really old fashioned I guess...

Goodness, I almost spit up my chlorophyll, how does that thing breathe? Yup Billyray, desktop-on-the-desktop is the latest rage sweeping the nation. Is that power box right next to your operations center just in case your defense perimeter is suddenly compromised? 😛

To be fair, I’ll put up some pics and you can throw some jokes my way.

And Billyray, I did get the wheels for the new chassis but haven’t put them on yet, with the chassis so close, the Sorbothane hemispheres work better to dissipate stray energy and isolate any noise transmission into the worktable below.

I do have 4 magnetic 120mm Silverstone dust filters, and have not mounted any of them. They rubbed against the fan hubs of the Sanyo-Denki fans so just running the rig without air filtration and cleaning with an electric blower and vacuum weekly. Seems to work just as well. Although in the last pic there is some dust accumulated in the 2ndary compartment near the PSU. Needed a cleaning.:)

Maximus Obsidious “Max”

And Billyray, I did get the wheels for the new chassis but haven’t put them on yet, with the chassis so close, the Sorbothane hemispheres work better to dissipate stray energy and isolate any noise transmission into the worktable below.

Ha! A fat lot of good wheels will do perched up on that desktop. 😛
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

billyray520 wrote:
Ha! A fat lot of good wheels will do perched up on that desktop. 😛

Yea I know man, hahaha. The wheels are definitely made for the floor, but got them anyway, twelve bucks, maybe use them in the future. They certainly do look very cool under the chassis though. This first pic is not my rig, but shows one dude used the casters desktop, maybe just for photographs. 🙂

Like a little robot: 😛

Maximus Obsidious “Max”