cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclockers or Gamers?

Poco_OM
Level 10
Just a thought, should the ROG acronym not stand for Republic of Overclockers and Gamers?

I actually had this thought long back when I had my Crosshair II, but recently I joined the forums and was given a space to ask.

Given this forum from my perspective is also more drive for overclockers as much if not more that gamers it only seems befitting to me any way.

What is your views on it?
11 REPLIES 11

Zeruel
Level 7
I overclock and game lol. But its already official that we are gamers.

Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling

Zeruel wrote:
I overclock and game lol. But its already official that we are gamers.

Oh yeah nice, dude you must be from socal im norcal
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

abvolt wrote:
Oh yeah nice, dude you must be from socal im norcal

I am from SoCal!

Its great being here, NewEgg ships fast 😉
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling

chrsplmr
Level 18
Poco .. Game Tweakers are OverClockers and OverClockers are Gaming. Some are Pros .. from both sides.
I look at it like a coin and have never seen a one sided coin. c.

chrsplmr wrote:
Game Tweakers are OverClockers and OverClockers are Gaming.

+1 for that ^^^ answer! 🙂

Overclocking and benchmarking are actually a game too... you can get excitement, satisfaction and a lot of fun from them, as well as frustration and other not so pleasant things - so, yes, Asus made a good choice with the "Republic of Gamers" name...

ROG Black & Red ... for me.

somethingorigin
Level 7
I dabble at both, betetr at gaming than i am OC'ing mind and i'm not great at that either.

Poco_OM
Level 10
I would have to agree as I also game on top, however not everyone who owns a Rog games, as not everyone who has a Rog overclocks.
I am not really thinking of asking Asus to change anything official, just more of a thought and the sharing with others on it. As we all know many of these products are directly stated as overclocked or good for overclocking so clearly Asus understands it market and offers for those that these words appeal to. It not that more emphasis needs placing on the overclocking side of things, I just find it weird that this was not incorporated in the name.

Republic of Gamers I would assume would bring gamers into this world who may not know anything about overclocking, however if the board is bought by an overclocker by default they understand the benefits that would bring to their game. Truth is the biggest gamers want every Fps they can get, and small margins can make a difference. Ultimately the knowledge to push these systems above and beyond comes from the overclocking side of the community, so really any gamer worthy of notice will be an overclocker just as much as they are a gamer. And if they are not it will not take them to long on this forum to want to get into the weird and wonderful world of overclocking your highly tuned Rog beast.

chrsplmr
Level 18
I think the answer is in the first ROG logo ...
29731 " ...a cubed letter G, denoting the great depth and many facets of gaming. "
Besides .. No One knew how to pronounce ROGAOC. Or was it ROOCAG ??? ~shrugs~

The full explanation, well the official one anyway, can be found here:
http://rog.asus.com/about/