cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Black 4-way SLI review

kkn
Level 14
asus nordic posted this link on their site.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/5231/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-4-way-sli-review
one card, sli, 3 sli and 4 way sli.
6 REPLIES 6

Shawnnepc
Level 13
For you guys that don't know: The Titans were created to bridge the budget/performance gap between Quadro/Tesla & GeForce. These cards are optimized for CUDA and data computing and not for gaming. (Which is why this isn't a maxwell release card)

You are still better off purchasing the 780ti vs the Titan Black.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Antronman
Level 10
Dual GTX 780 costs the same, better performance as one Titan BE. Yes, the Titan was made to bridge the gap but Nvidia could have done a lot better. A lot.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

X-ROG
Level 15
Only need TBE if you absolutely need >3GB graphics memory really. Also, no TBE will be available with any 3rd party cooler, like original Titans, since Nvidia only sell whole card = no DCII.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Only need TBE if you absolutely need >3GB graphics memory really. Also, no TBE will be available with any 3rd party cooler, like original Titans, since Nvidia only sell whole card = no DCII.

Even if you have a great need for >3gbs of graphics memory, the TBE is not a necessity at all. I guess the one real use I see for this card is running 3 monitors off one card. And even then, two R9 280xs or two GTX 780s could do that much for the same cost or less.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

abvolt
Level 11
The 4 titans will bench very hi, but as a gamer the 780 ti classy is the way to go.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

ruphert
Level 7
Yes, I see that while ago when I updated NVIDIA but I couldn't understand what that meant. Thanks!