cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ROG site design! [May 2014]

X-ROG
Level 15
Please Ctrl+F5 your browser, bare with us as we tweak the layout and fix bugs. We've updated everything which will hit performance in the next 24 hrs, but should be fine by the weekend.
46 REPLIES 46

X-ROG
Level 15
Much appreciate the kind words all ^_^ it's months of work finally done 😄

1) I think there's too much black - we will try the front page robot background on the forums for the weekend and see how that looks.

2) What does everyone think of the size of the text in the 5 images on the top of the front page? Goldilocks test please (too big, too little or just right).

Pentium4
Level 7
Text through my less than stellar vision is a tad small, but I just boost it by using the 125% option in my browser, and it's perfect. As for the layout, what happened to the 'New Posts' option, which I found very useful to avoid going over the same threads again on each visit?
INTEL INSIDE
* Asus Maximus XI Hero * Intel i9 9900K CPU * HyperX 4000MHz Predator RGB 16Gb DDR4 Ram *
* ViewSonic VX3211 32" 4K Monitor * Intel UHD 4K Graphics * Samsung 970 EVO 1Tb NVMe.M2 *
* A-Jazz GTX USB Gaming Mouse * ROG SupremeFX 5.1 Audio * Cougar Vantar RGB USB Keyboard *
* Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Mid Tower Case * Corsair RM1000i Power Supply (100% Modular) *

Pentium4 wrote:
As for the layout, what happened to the 'New Posts' option, which I found very useful to avoid going over the same threads again on each visit?

Same place as before in top left - in the menu!

The font has been made larger and contrast greater in the menu though (and it matches the front page)

Didn't have time to make some of the changes today, so will try next week 🙂

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Same place as before in top left - in the menu!

Thanks for the changes MarshallR, but I must be going blind, as the only word that shows up in my browser since the update is 'Forum', and that's it :confused: Before the change, there was a line under that word with New Posts, Mark Forum Read, etc., but that is no longer there. Have pressed ctrl+F5, and just F5 (which does the same thing) numerous times, but the top still shows only Forum, am using IE11 built into Windows 8.11, unless the changes only show correctly in Firefox, or Chrome browsers *shrug*
INTEL INSIDE
* Asus Maximus XI Hero * Intel i9 9900K CPU * HyperX 4000MHz Predator RGB 16Gb DDR4 Ram *
* ViewSonic VX3211 32" 4K Monitor * Intel UHD 4K Graphics * Samsung 970 EVO 1Tb NVMe.M2 *
* A-Jazz GTX USB Gaming Mouse * ROG SupremeFX 5.1 Audio * Cougar Vantar RGB USB Keyboard *
* Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Mid Tower Case * Corsair RM1000i Power Supply (100% Modular) *

Pentium4 wrote:
Thanks for the changes MarshallR, but I must be going blind, as the only word that shows up in my browser since the update is 'Forum', and that's it :confused: Before the change, there was a line under that word with New Posts, Mark Forum Read, etc., but that is no longer there. Have pressed ctrl+F5, and just F5 (which does the same thing) numerous times, but the top still shows only Forum, am using IE11 built into Windows 8.11, unless the changes only show correctly in Firefox, or Chrome browsers *shrug*

Clear your browsers cached data (not passwords/forms, just page) entirely and it will rerender properly. I had the same issue.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Clear your browsers cached data (not passwords/forms, just page) entirely and it will rerender properly. I had the same issue.

Thanks for the Tip Marshall, but strangely even after doing a full clear of everything, all am seeing is still just the Forum, and no other options :confused: Not to worry, will just go through by date on each visit 🙂

Update: Marshall, thanks to WhitePaw's great pic below, I can see that I'm missing the entire double red line between the ROG logo, and Forum, which has all of what am after, all I have is black blank space!!
INTEL INSIDE

Pentium4 wrote:
Thanks for the Tip Marshall, but strangely even after doing a full clear of everything, all am seeing is still just the Forum, and no other options :confused: Not to worry, will just go through by date on each visit 🙂

Ctrl+f5? very strange.

Retired
Not applicable
Look very good M, big improvement, a little more red maybe here and there, , but not splashes= same tone/tint

very prominent/stylish.

reminds me of the PCB painting on the Hero VII

WhitePaw wrote:

reminds me of the PCB painting on the Hero VII

That's EXACTLY why we did it! Pure synergy. Not coincidence at all....

:D;)

Retired
Not applicable
MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
That's EXACTLY why we did it! Pure synergy. Not coincidence at all....

:D;)

yes i know.. :cool: