cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member registration impossible

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
I have a freind that has been trying to regester for days. He said he just gets an error message that says something about already being registered. The screen name was not in use. So I tried it myself, after deleting my cookies, and I seen the same results: No matter which e-mail address I used it said:

Then you can't go any further since the password doesn't work. I even tried a non-existent e-mail address (above). I cleared my cookies again before that last attempt. Then when you attempt to put the same passw in on that page, you get "Login fail, please check your email/password" but there is no message at that e-mail address. It may be that members can register fine after registering a product on the main site first. Please fix this.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he said he also tried e-mailing about the ROG forum problem, and has heard no reply.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.
13 REPLIES 13

rxpnick
Level 7
Had the same frustrating registration problems... Sent a message via 'Contact Us' w/ 'Registration Problem' and never received a reply with any help resolving this issue and getting an account registered here. For whatever reason I couldn't get registered no matter what while using my desktop pc but was finally able to register an account when trying from my laptop.

So there's three people right here with registration problems and I'm sure there are a lot more who still haven't been able to get registered. This is hindering the forum from growing... Apparently ROG staff has either been unaware of this issue or has no idea how to fix it because no one is ever replied to with help on this matter.

Now I'm encountering another issue. When I try to change my email address here I get the following:
vBulletin Message
The two email addresses that you entered do not match.

Even though they did match because they were copied and pasted in. But then I actually do receive an email to the tried email address but it's just for account activation.
Email says:
Since you have recently changed your email, we require that you verify your new email address. You will only need to visit the URL once to have your account updated.
To complete reverification, please visit this URL:

Link says:
vBulletin Message
Your account has already been activated so please try logging in.

My email address is never changed to the new one though.

This site has some issues to resolve... For having some of the best hardware out there, this buggy site doesn't do good for it.

rxpnick wrote:
Had the same frustrating registration problems... Sent a message via 'Contact Us' w/ 'Registration Problem' and never received a reply with any help resolving this issue and getting an account registered here. For whatever reason I couldn't get registered no matter what while using my desktop pc but was finally able to register an account when trying from my laptop.

So there's three people right here with registration problems and I'm sure there are a lot more who still haven't been able to get registered. This is hindering the forum from growing... Apparently ROG staff has either been unaware of this issue or has no idea how to fix it because no one is ever replied to with help on this matter.

Now I'm encountering another issue. When I try to change my email address here I get the following:
vBulletin Message
The two email addresses that you entered do not match.
... .

Having the Same Issue, i need to change my E-Mail account ASAP but i'm unable to do it. I bough some brilliant stuffs from Asus but these issues aware me from buying more products from them. too bad. Asus Staff get to work.

Sujeto_1 wrote:
Having the Same Issue, i need to change my E-Mail account ASAP but i'm unable to do it. I bough some brilliant stuffs from Asus but these issues aware me from buying more products from them. too bad. Asus Staff get to work.

Have you tried changing via the VIP service, not the forums. Click on your name at the top and go to change account.

I ran into this same issue. Turns out the forum doesn't like special characters in the password. So I went to the ASUS website and changed my password to a more simple one with no special characters and then I could finally get access to the forum.