cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,154 REPLIES 4,154

Pickled_Biker
Level 7
Hey guys everyone calls me Pickle I wont go into why and how that came about ! just been building new system maximuis vll formula just what to stop bye a few

Nackers
Level 15
Welcome all new members to ROG, great to have you all aboard.

BioNuke
Level 7
Hi everyone! New to the forums, but not ROG. I've been using ASUS boards for awhile... My first , and a couple years ago I was given a ROG G73J laptop by a friend who thought it was bad... Sometimes it worked, then sometimes it would take about 30 minutes to just boot up and shut down (no joke). So I dusted it out and booted it up... worked ok, but a week or so later it started doing the same thing to me. I noticed an odd sound when it did it though... Turns out the HDD bearing was going out. I'd had a drive that did that before so I knew the sound. Replaced that and it was good as new. 🙂 My wife took over that laptop not too long after, and she loves it. Anyways I just put together my new gaming computer and I decided on the ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z board since based on what I've read, it runs the coolest of the AM3+ boards I've had such a good experience with the laptop. I'm kinda an AMD loyalist so I went with them even though they aren't doing as well these days. Full system is:
Case - XION XON-980-BK
MB - ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU - AMD FX-8350 BE
Cooler - Corsair h105 AIO liquid cooler
RAM - 2X8GB G.Skill C7 1600Mhz DDR3
Video Card - Sapphire Radeon R9 290x
SSD - Sandisk Ultra II 240GB
HDD - WD 1TB 7200RPM **
ODD - Samsung SH-S203B DVDRW **
Power Supply - Viotek 700w **
** Transferred from my old computer

So far it seems like my CPU doesn't want to run stable over 5Ghz... I can go up to 4.9Ghz at 1.3875v fine, but 5.0 won't run stable at 1.45v... After going that high I figured that was probably all it would give me so I didn't try any higher voltages... I tried pure multiplier OC and different bus and multiplier combinations and no dice. The USB ports stopped working at 240Mhz bus but I tried in 5Mhz steps up to that.

ChrisC20
Level 7
Hi guys, I'm Christiaan. Currently working in graphic design and internal IT Tech. I worked with my brother for a year and half also in IT, its my thing hahaha. I have no degrees in anything, I just learn myself and its working good for me. I will most likely have to go do studies just to get the degrees. Anyway, I also wanna add that I love ASUS. I bought the P8H77-M in the beginning of this year and its somply a dream. I know its not an official ROG Product, but I didn't have the moneyfor that and the company I bought it from was all out on ASUS eccept that one. Atleast its got SLI and 4x DIMM. My rig at this stage is: i3 3.34gHz (will upgrade that this year), 8 GB RAM, Inno3D Nvidia GTX 650ti 1024mb, 3TB HDD and P8H77-M Mobo and Prestigio 22" VGA running at 1680x1050 resolution on all games. I can run any game between HIGH and ULTRA graphics settings including Watch_Dogs, ACC Black Flag and many more new game titles. Tell me what you think

Forgot to add my chassis, its a thermaltake (can't remember model number). But I'm busing cutomizing it with tribal tattos. Will post when finished

ChrisC20
Level 7
Can't go wrong with AMD bro, they are pure gaming. But I stick to Intel iCores... Runs cool, no extra cooling needed (only for looks haha). And I do not struggle with gaming on just my 2nd Gen i3 3.34gHZ. But I'm bound to upgrade to 3rd Gen i7... Thank goodness my mobo supports it, i7 will go great with my GTX 650ti (and with that I also did not make a mistake... Brilliant GPU)

(PEPLY ON 1543)

Esta7706
Level 7
Hi there. I'm Esta.
Stumbled upon these forums because mantle madness ( 😄 ), but been using Asus a long time now (even had an account ... how drunk can you get to forget you registered your parts ö-Ö)

Zero_Tyranos
Level 7
Well, first of all hello everyone, I recently bought my first ROG laptop and started to look on this board and has some nice info, I'm a System Engineer and also like gaming(for both reasons I needed a decent specs laptop), I bought a G550JK because of this(well, it has really nice specs for the price) and look great in my opinion.

I hope to be active on this board and learn a little from the posts here 🙂

Nackers
Level 15
Welcome all new members to ROG. great to have you all aboard..

New ROG owner - G750JM. Found this community and had to be a part of it. Lots of great people and information sharing.

I purchased for mixing and mastering music. Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) requirements are high, similar to gaming, and the ROG G750 series gets it done.

Also a long time gamer and so this machine appeals to both sides of my brain 🙂

Already found a ton of awesome info, and looking forward to contributing back however I can.

-Keith