cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,155 REPLIES 4,155

Hey Everyone, how's it going? I'm Steven, been gaming my entire life and love technology / PC's.. I really look forward to reading a lot of the great stuff on here and becoming a part of the community.

I've always wanted to make my own rig.. and I finally am going for it.. hopefully I don't blow up my gear.. lol

Hey everyone! Good to be here. I am Compurocker and love everything tech. Use to build high end machines and overclock everything and really enjoyed myself. So nice to have a website pretty much dedicated to ASUS as I have always found their motherboards to be the best! In any event it is good to be here! 🙂

Home LAN Setup Systems

Hi there,
I am new around here and thought that I should introduce myself. I like to throw parties, all kinds. Give me a reason and I will have a party. I have four systems for LAN gaming. But unfortunately three are down right now.

System 1: Stasis: Down MoBo and CPU RMA'ed April 4th Replacements Shipped April 16th Tracked Arrival 4/19
RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
Intel Core i7-3970X
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
4x ASUS GTX670-DC2-4GD5 in SLI or GTXTitan 6BG stand alone
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM
2x Neutron Series™ GTX 480GB SSD in RAID 0
3x WD Black 2TB in RAID 5
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Corsair Obsidian 900D case

System 2: Stasis: Down MoBo and CPU RMA'ed April 17th Replacements Shipped April 17th Tracked Arrival 4/19
Asus MVF MoBo
Intel i7 3770K CPU
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 4x8GB kit RAM
Asus GTX670-DC2-4GD5 2x in SLI or GTX Titan (Still deciding on where to put what)
Samsung 840 256 GB 2x in Raid 0 SSD
Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SSD (Travel Drive)
WD Blk 2TB 2x in Raid 1 HDD
Asus BluRay Optical
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Corsair Obsidian 650D

System 3: Stasis: Down MoBo RMA'ed April 11th Replacements Shipped April 18th Tracked Arrival 4/23
Asus P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT MoBo
Intel i7 27000K CPU
Corsair H80i CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengence 4x8GB kit RAM
Asus GTX660-DC2T-2GD5 2x in SLI
Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120 GB 2x in Raid 0 SSD
WD Blk 1TB 2x in Raid 1 HDD
Asus BluRay Optical
Corsair AX860i PSU
Corsair Vengence C70 Miltary Green

System 4: Stasis up
Alienware M18 Gaming Laptop
Intel® i7-3940XM (8MB Cache, up to 4.2GHz Overclocked)
18.4 inch (467.36 mm) WLED WideFHD (1080p) display (1920 X 1080)
16GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
1TB 5,400 RPM SATA 3Gb/s + 256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s
Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675M - SLI® Enabled

6 Asus PB278Q and 1 Hanns-G HG-281DPB monitors in a 3x3x1 mount, a Samsung 55inch 240HZ 1440P Gaming monitor, a Dell 30inch 2550x1440 monitor, and a Samsung 40inch 120HZ HDTV are what we use for displays. We can also use the home theater projector but it has only 1080p resolution.

So when are all of you coming for a LAN Party? I have group licenses for a lot of games.

Don't ask me about the network setup cause I did not build it and it works well. I have a sign in sheet with instruction for when you get here. I would really like to play Squad Scrummages on BF3.

Chef
Sys 1:
RIVE \ Intel Core i7-3970X \ Corsair H100i \ GTXTitan 6BG 2xSLI \ 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum \ Samdung 840 Pro 512GBSSDs R0 2x \ WD Black 2TBHDD R5 4x \ Corsair AX1200i \ Corsair 900D

Sys 2:
MVF*(UPGRD to MVE in May) \ Intel i7 3770K \ Corsair H100i \ Asus GTX670 2xSLI \ 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum\ Samsung 840 Pro 256GBSSD R0 2x \ Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GBSSD \ WD Blk 2TB R1 HDD 2x \ Corsair AX1200i PSU \ Corsair 650D

Chef Magnus wrote:
So when are all of you coming for a LAN Party? I have group licenses for a lot of games.

We have members all over the world so you might want to narrow things down a bit. 😉

On a related note my brother just had a birthday LAN party at a friend's house and the guy built his garage with hosting LAN parties in mind. How cool is that?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

@ChefMagnus, those are a set of sweet systems...especially that Coire i7 27000K processor...how fast is it...24 GHz??? 😄 Just kidding around, I saw that and got a laugh out of it! 🙂 Welcome to the forums!

@xero, that's a cool guy...takes gaming seriously!
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Hello Guys, Im new to the forum... Im looking to buy a Rampage III Full accessories and retail Box, please let me know, Thanks

@denishiza, no buying or selling allowed on this forum, thanks! Your thread has been removed for this reason.

Welcome to forums, and if you have questions about the Rampage III, be sure to ask them! 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Hi All, I have been a member here only for a little while, but don't think I introduced myself. My name is James or Jimmy hence the tag. My baptism into ROG was by accident really and now I can't get enough, it's only the $$$ that stop me.
I had a rig built for me with the basic stuff in it and when the mobo died, 'Other Brand', I replaced it with an Asus and then got reading.
So then I decided to start building myself, not finished yet though and have millions of questions.
What a great forum to learn from and a top bunch of people.

Why are you bothering with overclocking someone used to ask me, my response used to be, because I can, and my rig was never stable.
Now the reason for overclocking is a personal challenge to squeeze every last Hz, Volt, you name it out of my rig, and you know what, I have been on a stable 4.7 GHz for a while now.

What will my next build be, well I am planning on a custom watercooled X79, or should I wait for the new boards????

Hi all, quick hello after (finally getting on these forums!) I'm Alex Morse,
committed gamer since about 1998
and penicketty sound engineer/producer

I use this lil rig for resource heavy production and studio work with a dash of DJing
and photo editing and of course a bit of gaming too.
(Skyrim remains a favourite even if my fps is being ravaged by enb)

I have an interesting brainteaser for any really sharp tools here,
boot up is fine including post etc, but my rampage iv gene
has for some reason, decided to stop beeping at post, or does so occasionally...

looked around but can't find a reason for it, hmmm...

if you fancy lending an ear:
soundcloud.com/alexandermorse for beats n techno (that means proper techno)
soundcloud.com/morseman-denizen for eclectic downtempo stuff
Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Gene
CPU: Intel i7 3820
RAM: 16GB G.SKill Ripjawz 2133
SSD: Crucial M4 256GB
GPU: Asus GTX560 Ti DC II
Audio: Terratec DMx 6Fire USB
NI Audio10

hi everyone , how can i have aq profile picture?
Next Build :cool:
-intel core i7 4770k
-R.O.G. Maximus VI Formula
-G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz 16GB
-Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum
-Corsair AX860
-CM Storm Trooper
-CM Storm Inferno gaming mouse
-Krator 60W gaming system
-Tt Esports Challenger PRO gaming keyboard
-FullHD 3D LCD 120Hz 2ms ACER gaming monitor
-X2 WD Velociraptor 1TB