cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,154 REPLIES 4,154

Hello everyone. New member here. Name is Luis. I have experience building my own pcs, and a couple that I built for a friend. I decided to join recently because I have never had problems building a pc until now. I am disabled and can't use my left arm so it takes me longer to build a pc and I only build my own since the injury, and when I can.

About 3 months ago I decided to upgrade my pc, had an Asus X99-A mobo with an i9 9900k cpu with 64 gigs of ddr4 ram and 4 months ago I installed on it a Geforce 4090 and a 15tb intel pcie SSD, which are much faster for gaming than sata SDDs. If you can buy one you should try it. They are incredibly fast for games.

Anyway, 3 months ago I bought an Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme, an i9 13900k, 2 sets of DDR5 sticks,( I always buy 2 sets just in case one set is bad) and a new corsair h150i elite lcd cooler. I had an older cooler, but the exact same one. With either cooler the mobo could not dissipate heat from the cpu, and before it would crash I was able to get it to run for a bit and also gave me memory errors. I alsoadded the same SSD drives, an hdd drive for documents and the 4090 gpu the older system had. The mobo or cpu could not find 2 dimm slots, and the third one would cause a loop in the error code phase. Only the ram in the B2 slot was recognized.

I returned that mobo and bought another one, brand new. It arrived with the plastic piece that is right on top of the q-code led. I still installed it to see if it had the same problems as the first one. Although this one had no problem dissipating the heat from the cpu it still gave me memory errors. Again 2 of the dimm slots were not recognized and I could only get it to be partially stable with just one stick of ram in the B2 slot. i returned that mobo as well and decided to try a Maximus Z790 hero. But this one is also having the same problems with memory. i came here to see if anyone was able to find what is wrong and if anyone has been lucky enough to solve these memory errors. So far it seems lots of people are having these same problems.

BeepBeep2
Level 7
Hi, I'm BeepBeep2 and I'm currently loving my ASUS motherboard.
I reside over at XtremeSystems, (about 4000 posts there) and help out that community the best I can.

I started overclocking at age 12, and when I turned 13 I started getting the hang of things. I overclocked my Athlon X2 5600+ (Windsor F3) to 3.5 Ghz, and the forum started taking notice. Turned fourteen in the summer, and then my christmas present that year was a Gigabyte 790X-UD4P (got it for $110) and a brand new Phenom II 965BE C3. I was thrilled about the 965BE, as I would finally have something more overclockable and powerful. Sadly, my CPU had a really high vid (1.4v) and would only do 3.8 Ghz on air nomatter what voltage I pushed. I tried and tried, 3.9 came with 1.50v, but temps were high. Still, I tweaked and tweaked and ended up running 3D benches (01,03,05,06,Vantage) at 4.1+ Ghz.
I had also owned an ASUS HD4850 TOP, in which I had replaced the stock cooler with a Scythe Musashi and pencil modded the VGPU and GDDR3. Going from 740/1100 benchable @ 85c stock to 830/1160 were impressive clocks, and seemed to please forum viewers more than pushing outdated hardware.

chew* held a random contest over at XtremeSystems in which the winner won a brand new Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H. My 4850 degraded pretty hard from the abuse, and he gave it to me because he knew I tried. I was saving for a new GPU and motherboard, when all the sudden half of it was just handed to me. That's when I bought two Sapphire HD5770's. Anyway, I'd never touched DDR3 before. Some forum members chipped in to helping me get some DDR3, chew* gave me a 1600 C9 kit and another member gave me a Ballistix 1600 C8 kit. D9 GTS chips, I took them to 2.2v and ran SuperPi on my 965BE @ 4.4 Ghz / 1808 7-6-5-18. I benched IGP for scores, as well as pushed my ram, but I soon realized that that board didn't like to be abused. I had some problems with it, it would seem to completely die, then revive itself only after I did a complete teardown.

Gary Key took notice.

He told me that if I kept having problems with the Gigabyte board he'd send me a ASUS equivilent for free. I was, ...amazed. The generosity of the community and all they had done for me was overwhelming. I told him I didn't really need a board with an IGP since I run crossfire HD5770's. No problem, he said. No less than three weeks later I recieved a huge box with gary's name on it, addressed to me. I look inside and an Intel X25-V SSD, ASUS M4A89TD Pro/USB3, and a brand new ASUS 4870X2 TOP were inside.

That card does 855/1000 like it's nothing. I'm using the board right now, with my 965BE and 5770's to type this. I did bench the 4870X2 with my aging 4850 (795/1100) a few times.

Bought some Elpida Hyper ram, a SuperTalent kit that does 1840 CAS 6-6-6-18 1T like a dream. I haven't been happier.

Thanks for reading the story of my life, I hope to bring a good contribution to this forum. 🙂

To anyone who might be curious, here is my build similar to it's current form:
AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4.2 GHz / FX-8150 @ 5 GHz
ASUS Crosshair V Formula
4GB SuperTalent ProjectX DDR3-2000 CL7 / 4GB GSkill Pi Series DDR3-2133 CL7
Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X 2x Crossfire / ASUS 4850 TOP 512MB @ 800/1150
Intel X25-V 40GB
2x WD Caviar Black 640GB - 1.2TB RAID 0
Lian-Li PC-K62W

| Swiftech MCR320-QP | HeatKiller Rev 3.0 LT | Jingway DP-1200 | Primochill Primoflex LRT 7/16" ID 5/8" OD | Swiftech MicroRes (MCRES) v2 | 3x Yate Loon D12SM-12 - Push |

Hello, I am raisethe3. Just new here and looking forward to share and learn from the community here. I plan on getting one of these ROG boards (AMD) in the near future! Just love looking at all these boards while drooling at 'em! Haha.

BeepBeep2 wrote:
Hi, I'm BeepBeep2 and I'm currently loving my ASUS motherboard.
I reside over at

Welcome beepbeep2, you seem to be a very lucky young man. I started playing around computers when I was 11 and I was playing around with Pentiums and 486 when PII was the norm. I couldn't buy my own computer untill I was about 14, and It was a AMD AthlonXP 1800+ with the green top. Guys who hang around long enough will know that chip is quite a good clocker. It was stock 1.5Ghz? and I OC-ed it to 2.3Ghz for daily use. it was on some coolermaster air cooler at that time. And it would a long long story till now :cool:

Anyways, keep up the good work!

raisethe3 wrote:
Hello, I am raisethe3. Just new here and looking forward to share and learn from the community here. I plan on getting one of these ROG boards (AMD) in the near future! Just love looking at all these boards while drooling at 'em! Haha.

Welcome raisethe3. make sure you wipe the drool on the keyboard. 😄

pcjunkie209
Level 9
Welcome to all the new people. Interesting story Beep.:)
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Retired
Not applicable
glad to see new faces to the community!

Retired
Not applicable
Im new to the Forums here and i havent built a computer since the days of this:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_Socket_A/A7V8X/

It was a 1.3 ghz Athlon system with 256mb of Nanya DDR Ram, a Gainward Geforce 4200ti MS. Heres the original review i read:

http://www.guru3d.com/review/gainward/geforce4ti4200-ultra650tv-golden/

Back in the day that was an extremely powerful system and it ran up do 1.4ghz! WOW!!!!! I still have the system that i built nearly 10 years ago except for the videocard which fried from insane overclocking.

I had since moved on to prebuilt box computers and laptops, giving very little priority to gaming, just trying to get by with what i had and go to school.

So now im back building a new Gaming rig. However before i tell you what im putting it together with, I just want to say that its very exciting to see how far the technology has come in only 10 years. I remember playing games at 1600x1200 on my big 18" crt monitor, not too far off from what we do today! And that was still at 60fps for some games, just not a good looking.

The new system is going to be a Crosshair Formula V with an AMD Phenom 955, 8gb of ddr2133. I know the Intels are faster right now but ive always had good luck with AMD. I guess you could say im loyal to Asus and AMD.

Anyway, i hope my reception to the boards is well taken and i dont need to endure any hazing!

Welcome to the forum

speaking of hazing no worry Chrsplmr love Crosshair Formula V , so you should be ok .....

Welcome to the forums 🙂

Hazing inc 3....2....1....
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hello all and I am also an old system builder/Destroyer....my first was an Elph Model III with a TI cpu that is now used for Calculators and a huge 2k of memory...stupid thing used half of my bedroom just to exist....my second computer was a Commodore 64 and that was the funnest machine I ever had....then my next I had to build because Apple Corp delivered it to my office in pieces 2 years before the release to general public because my company ordered 20000 of them...and that was an Apple IICX....but now I finally have my Crosshair IV Formula that just arrived 2 weeks ago up and running!