cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,154 REPLIES 4,154

Hello, I'm Todd

I have two laptop and have recently started upgrading my old machine that I'm looking to dual boot with linux. Upgraded the bios the other day and that went well so I continued by upgrading to max RAM. Now looking the most reliable SSD that is compatible with Linux.

My machines:
G75VW-BBK5
GL552VX-DM151D

kenichi800
Level 7
Hi guys Daniel here I have biulded my pc a few years ago the z270e it´s time to be more participatory

greetings

Alpha_Scorpii
Level 7
Hi,

I'm Kristijan and searching to replace my Asus laptop with some new Asus laptop 🙂

Carson_Hero_VII
Level 7
ottoyu34 wrote:
Welcome!

Greetings, I just finished a new build, it's been 10 years since my last system build.... wheeeew has technology come along way!!!!
Crosshair VIII hero wifi... amd 3950x and a PC-011 DYNAMIC RAZER case. Looks amazing.... It would be even more amazing if it would pass a post just one time!!!!
So no doubt I'll be scouring the forums for help, tips, insight..

One would think after 30 years in the semiconductor industry one could figure out how to get a system to boot.... No JOY here....

see ya around
CH VIII

Hi,
I am just new to the ROG family, but I have been an enthusiastic user of Asus products for many years. I have recently built a new PC dedicated for Flight Simulation on a Maximus XI Hero. I hope to have good insights and support here.
Ciao

Ezio

EXILE157
Level 7
What! Up! Everyone. I'm Mike aka EXILE157, I'm from The South Bronx and I've been a gamer since 86' I've gone through many years of gaming on PC, Consoles and Gadgets. I left the rest behind and focused only on PC gaming since 1998. I've learn to build gaming PC, I also fix Desktop and Laptops as aside job.... I've been furloughed due to COVID-19 so I've been more at home on my PC gaming on BF4 and BFV, listening to music and watching movies.

I recently upgraded to a new system, but I've been having issues with (Asus ROG Strix Z490-G Wi-Fi)

I have 64GB of Corsair Vengeance RGB, but For some odd reason DIMM Slot 1 is not allowing me to run the PC, I get that Yellow indicator on the board "Memory Issue" at first I thought it was the memory stick gone bad, but this only happens when I set it on (Slot 1) ??.. I have switched the memories around and its the same problem on (DIMM Slot 1) ? - I'm not even running XMP.

- I run 1 Stick on Slot 2 - No problem.
- I run 2 Sticks on Slot 2,4 - No problem.
- I run 3 Sticks on Slot 2,3 and 4 - No problem.

- Slot 1 is the problem...

I cant even update to the latest BIOS v0607 I went through the again the ridiculous steps:
ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING BIOS 0607
"1.Improve system performance and stability 2.Improve compatibility with the Intel H10 Optane Module 3.Enhance AI Cooling mechanism
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SZ490G.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

I run the "BIOSRenamer" I see (SZ490G.CAP) so I copy the CAP file into the root (USB FAT32) go into BIOS - Tool - "EZ Flash 3" I get a message saying SZ490G.CAP is not the proper BIOS?????...So then I go the old way at the back of the Board hit the Flash Button hold it for 3 seconds and nothing happens??... No LED indicator, because it's not doing anything...

I'm getting a bit frustrated that no one seems to be helping with this situation not even from Asus members on this forum.
*Lian Li PC-011D (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z63/Corsair QL Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

Mamang_Beck
Level 7
Hi All,

Please introduce, my name is Mamang Beck. I just bought the ASUS Strix Scar 15 G532LV. Gotta love this ROG Laptop coming with bundle!
I am aiming to become a streamer and content game creator with this device, I hope I can make it true!

Keep safe everyone with the current pandemic and stay gaming 😄

Nino_1973
Level 7
hello

Hello! I am gaming since the Nintendo NES and have switched again back to PC gaming after my XBox 360. I have a B550 TUF Gaming Plus, and it's running well with my Ryzen 7 3800x.

HighBuildGuy
Level 7
ottoyu34 wrote:
Welcome!

Hello. I'm new to the forum, and I likely misunderstand many things about the culture and rules. I did post today with a question, but my post hasn't appeared on the forum. Just wondering, what do I need to do to have my question posted?

I have been building since the 1990s, but never, got into the group thing. Kind of winged it on my own, with a fair amount of success, I typically build a system every 5 years or so, and each time I have to come back up to speed on the latest tech. I just finished building a system with an AMD chip, kind of new to me, since I've always gone Intel before.