cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,154 REPLIES 4,154

Hi I am a new member here. I just bought my ROG Strix G last week.
Thanks in advance for any help you may give me.

I'm Phil, retired engineer. Bought the asus rog strix g (g531g) for the next gen processor/ram to run adobe premiere elements and create 4k videos.

Hi my name is Aayush Kumar i am a gamer. From india .i like to learn things about computer online .

Hi my name is Tomson and new to this forum. My interests are engines in all forms, PC:s, electrical and mechanical technology. Most of my pc builds have become in the end of the year. I´m see myself as a happy newbie amateur. And last year was the first full custom waterloop build. My latest project was a Maximus XI Formula with 9700K, 3200MHz 32GB Vengeance LPX, 970 EVO:s,EVGA FTW Ultra RTX 2080Ti. Put in a Fractal Design Define S2 with 420mm and 280mm x-flow radiators full custom waterloop. Was a little crowded with 140mm radiators and fans but i like the surface area and utilization of the chassi. Have to mill the last upper and the rear fan for clearence of the mainboard pipes. The rear fan was a struggle, i refused to use a 120mm fan for the aesthetics than all the outhers was 140. I had to shave the radius of the fanblades but otherwise it was just good planning.
This year my new build is based on R6EE. 2066 socket is all new territory for me but i think it´s time. I almost like it more to plan and build than to actually use the PC. I game alot but i do not consider myself as a good one 🙂 The last build was all good than it was finished but far from service ability. I have looked around for new chassi but not find any for my taste. I have always liked Fractal and they should have make a Define S2 XL.
So i decided to try to make my own chassi, win or loose. And this time a gonna shot for easier service ability with a separate piece for mainboard and graphics card. It´s only in the beginning so we´ll see how it goes.

I am currently a project manager working to find what terms are needed to be met for a gaming projector.
I would also like to know how I can get the ROG logo, as in which regulations must be passed.

Hello everyone and welcome! 😉

I am a Design Manager working in the UK for a firm of consultants mainly on rail projects. My hobbies include cycling, photography and of course computers. I have been tinkering with computers for years since the late 1980s when I owned a PC made by a company called Viglen, this was equipped with an Intel 486 processor running at 33MHz, 4MB RAM, 500MB HDD and a 3.5 inch floppy drive. I can’t actually remember when I built my first own computer but I’ve seen a hell of a lot of changes to PC architecture since then.

Hello,
Just purchased a ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Board.
I use MS Flight Simulator quite a bit for practicing Instrument approaches and cross wind landings as well as emergency response and it's the primary reason I bought this board.

So far so good.

First of all. A big thanks for allowing me to join.

I am 65 years old and live in Newark, Nottinghamshire, England. My wife of 46 years passed away on the 7th of November 2019.
I have not been able to do much on my systems of which i have 4. My latest venture is:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Gaming Case - Black USB 3.0
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming Motherboard - Black
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Processor - YD170XBCAEWOF
ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme Rev. 2 - 160 Watts Twin-Tower Heatsink CPU Cooler - Intel &
AMD - 120mm PWM Fan - 4 Double-Sided Heatpipes - Easy Installation
Corsair CP-9020070-UK Professional Platinum Series 1200 W ATX/EPS Fully Modular Power Supply Unit
Corsair 163301 Vengeance LPX 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black
Sapphire RX 5700 Pulse (8GB GDDR6/PCI Express 4.0/1540MHz - 1750MHz/14000MHz)

My wife helped me to buy it about august, last year. Just before she passed away.
I have only recently put it all together and installed Windows 10 pro, so it has a teething problem which i hope can be sorted
with a bit of help here at ROG.

Hello!

This is the second ROG gaming laptop that I have owned. I have upgraded to an ROG G703GX. Quite a bit of a step up from the last one. Mainly I just wanna access the forums for update and of course support with hardware issues.

Look forward to meeting and chatting with you all!