cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,150 REPLIES 4,150

Hi, I'm Gavin or noise. A 41 year old gaming fan.
Love Elite: Dangerous in VR on my new Ryzen 7 2700X, ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi & ASUS 1060 O6.
May I also express my new found fondness in ultra wide monitors! They look great!

Hi, I'm Jay! I recently got this laptop:

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-ZEPHYRUS-S-GX701/

Personally, I like how the keyboard is closer up rather than in back as with my previous laptops. I do a fair bit of gaming, often train simulator games such as Trainz, and also like Planet Coaster, and have a sizeable DOS game library!

Hello Everyone!

Just bought https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-G703/ the gxr version with an i7-9750hk two weeks ago.

I am an avid Second Life player and omg does this laptop totally kick bottom! Makes my old Alienware laptop (i7-7700hq gtx-1070 R.I.P.) and iMac (27" i7-6700k R9-m395x) seem like a child's toy. I couldn't be happier with the performance in both Windows and Xubuntu. Some Linux distro's though need it to be in optimus mode rather than discrete which is kindof a PITA but I can deal with that. The 144hz G-Sync screen is just out of this world! Except for a few teething problems (keyboard rgb stops responding, the bios seems to shuffle the nvme boot drive order giving me a generic grub screen randomly, and frequent but not always scratchy audio in windows (Linux is fine)). Only drawback is the the 96wh battery is more like a 50 minute APC than a battery and needs two power bricks plugged in. Then again I didn't buy this though to use on the train or at school. 🙂

My name is Markus Kuhn, I work for the University of Cambridge in England and I am trying to use my recently bought Asus PRIME Z390-P motherboard to control a scientific instrument (National Instruments PXIe-1085 18-slot chassis connected via NI PXIe-PCIe8381 kit and MXI cable).

I have a Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming Motherboard with a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. I have been with Asus for what seems like forever sense the mid to late 80's its my go to motherboard maker. Always looking for tips. This Forum looks like a good place to go.

I'm Tquilha, an enthusiast PC builder from Portugal and I'm just getting started with ROG hardware.
I hope to learn a lot from you folks.
🙂

I have seen some really great posts by cool folks that know what they are doing. I can tell you that I am looking for groups, posts , blogs and info for Big_Bertha a/ka/ ROG Rampage III Extreme for Intel X58 Chipset. LGA 1366 i7-980x.

Hoping to find a group, so we can talk mobo & bios. I actually got this old baby to dual boot with win 10 & win 7.

Thanks.

Hey Guys and Gals!

Im Khean last april 2019 i just build my First PC and Im in love with it. Hoping to meet and learn Techy stuff here.
See you around!

Hello,
My name is Bernard Lavoisier.
My forum membership name "Machproo" is the nickname given by my students who took the Large Systems course I gave in 1975.
I am retired and in my professional life I was a Mainframe Large Systems instructor and Technical Support in IBM Mainframe, and in Fibre Channel etc...
Currently I have assembled a PC with an Asus Rog Dominus Extreme motherboard and a W3175X processor, GSkill ram, a VROC Premium plug and an Intel 7600 SSD Raid0.

hello everyone...upgraded my old X470 msi board to a vii hero board...just upgraded to a 3900X...found this forum and after reading for a few weeks decided to join.