cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,154 REPLIES 4,154

Hi All,
Pete Crane here.
I have a small PC Installation and repair business on the Treasure Coast of Florida.
Have always built my own rigs, always with Windows OS.
Presently using the Prime X370-A (AMA) with AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics. I'm not a gamer. :rolleyes:
Right now I'm having a problem where the system boot will hang up for up to 5 minutes before the circle starts.

Hi
I'm new 🙂
My name is Konrad and I want to programme my leds.

Hi everyone,
I am a new member of the rog and I am 35 years old. Recently bought a maximus extreme xi and I can not make it go! it's a bit too much for me!:D

Hi everyone,
I am just a computer geek with no gaming inclinations anymore. I used to play StarCraft with my ex bf but we both got off of BN because everyone there was out to stab you in the back while playing.
I am trying to repair my not that old GL551JM laptop.
I bought a gaming pc because I do a lot of graphic work and website design and I needed heavy VC and Ram.
The laptop has had a pretty lush life sitting in my living room and being hooked up to my TV via a HDMI cable. That's how I watch hockey games.

The laptop is maybe 4-5 years old. It's got an i7 core and 16 BG ram. I have pulled HDs out of hundreds of desk and lap tops so I am not new to these repairs. The Asus started booting funny about 5 days ago then would only boot to the bios. I went over it carefully and didn't see anything amiss.
I tried all kinds of repairs, but when I tried to reinstall windows every partition reported as "getting ready to fail," so I just decided to buy a new HD instead.

It came today and I installed it and much to my surprise, the laptop won't turn on at ALL! Not a single flicker of electricity. I have it plugged in and I double checked the cable, let it sit for 5 hours and tried again. Nothing. I push the power button and NOTHING happens at all!!

I'm at a loss here. I swapped out the HD with a another one from an hp and it still did NOTHING. It's like all the circuits inside are gone!
Now when I removed the panel for the HD, there isn't much there except the RAM and I didn't even touch it.

I am on disability and have zero dollars to spend on this laptop, which still looks brand new since I haven't done as much with it as I thought I would.

Any ideas? I am really stumped on this one. It's new to me, and I'd appreciate any suggestions. Please don't ask if I checked the plugs etc because of course I did!! I am used to troubleshooting these things, but this is a new one on me and a search didn't come up with one hit.

Thank you in advance!

Kab

Noob here, 40yr old LOL

My specs

Ryzen 7 2700X using ASUS Crosshair VII Hero so far lovin it.

Hello!

I am Danny i've got an ASUS ROG Strix GL503VM Gaming Notebook. Im here to cry about my problems ❤️

Hi all,

Great forum, wealth of info here that has helped me heaps. Thanks

Stephen

Hi guys, I've a GL703GE and totally hate COIL WHINE :mad:

Hi all!

My name is El (yep, I like it when people call me by my nickname:cool:). I'm programmer. Also I love gaming and PC building.
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.

I 'm a proud owner of a new Strix II laptop and i'm loving it! Cheers! :cool: