cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,154 REPLIES 4,154

Hi, I am Abu Hurairah from Malaysia. I use ROG-G551JM for about 2 years now.

So I am just a normal citizen seeking for further help in the world of ROG. 😉 😉 😉
I am from the Philippines! PAAWER!
BTW I use GL753VE 😉

SUBSCRIBE!
Youtube channel names :1.) Fernand Angelo Orbase
2.) GeekGaming

Hello there everyone, my name is Josh and I am a long time ROG Product User. To be honest I think all the Rig’s that I have put together all have included ROG System Boards. My passion for computers started when I was young and to this day I enjoy every second of it. I wanted to join this community and feel right at home.

Current Plans: I am planning a new Rig Build based on Intel X299 Platform with Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX and i7-7820X

More To Come…

Josh

My name is YoungNDumb, which conveniently describes me haha.

I have a G75V that I bought maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I used it for a year and then went travelling for what was supposed to be 3 weeks and ended up being 2 years which meant it sat in my bedroom unused until I brought it back with me a year after originally leaving. I have now had it at on my side since July of last year and it has traveled with me through 5 countries and is still holding strong( and letting me play Fallout)

I have mostly played Fallout 4, Stardew Valley and Warbands on here but lately have been using it for emulators so I can play Madden 😄

I'm Cougar931
I'm new on the forum with my new pc with i7 on z270, gtx180ti, 32go ddr4, and pg348q monitor
love playing on FSX !!

++

Hey guys! Just joined and wanted to take a moment to say hello. My name's Matt and I live in Montreal, but I originally come from Germany. I've used ASUS laptops for several years now and currently, I own a G751JY that I bought used a month ago, upgraded to 32 GB RAM and a 2 TB HDD, and overcloked (CPU and graphics card).

My desktop PC packs a i7-4790K, GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 2x1TB hard drives.

I dual boot Ubuntu and Windows on both my laptop and desktop. Windows is for gaming and Netflix (because the app supports 5.1 surround). Ubuntu is for everything else.

I'm an 80s kid who grew up in the 90s with PC gaming, playing Wolfenstein, DOOM, all the LucasArts adventures, Worms, a whole bunch of those good old Apogee shareware platformers, and more. Almost stopped playing between 2000 and 2008, but got back into it when I found a job in the video game industry as an LQA tester.

These days, I love FPS, (action) RPGs, horror games and any game with a good story. For instance, Gone Home was awesome, and so was Spec Ops: The Line.

hello ,
i am 4th year merdical student
got this Asus Rog Strix GL753VD like a month ago and has been playing without problem ever since. However after checking the CPU temperature using the gaming center software, it says my CPU temperatures are around 72~89 celcius.

I have yet to check the temp during CS:GO, but these temp are worrying me. I have never had any gaming laptop/pc before with such spec so i wouldn't know what to expect.

I used the bottom cooling pad by CoolerMaster but it doesnt help as the bottom is cold, but the internals are hot. I just ordered the vent cooler (the one that sucks inside air out/fan the vent) and it'll probably arrive by saturday.

So, are the temperatures normal or am i in problem?

mohammed ghanayiem wrote:
hello ,
i am 4th year merdical student
got this Asus Rog Strix GL753VD like a month ago and has been playing without problem ever since. However after checking the CPU temperature using the gaming center software, it says my CPU temperatures are around 72~89 celcius.

I have yet to check the temp during CS:GO, but these temp are worrying me. I have never had any gaming laptop/pc before with such spec so i wouldn't know what to expect.

I used the bottom cooling pad by CoolerMaster but it doesnt help as the bottom is cold, but the internals are hot. I just ordered the vent cooler (the one that sucks inside air out/fan the vent) and it'll probably arrive by saturday.

So, are the temperatures normal or am i in problem?

With most laptops temperature issues are usually related to one of two things; fans being dirty and dusty and the thermal paste being worn out. Seeing as the laptop is quite new I am going to assume that any issues are from the fans. How loud are the fans when the computer is on? If they are not turning on for some reason then that might be an issue. A couple questions though-

Are there any pets in your home?
Does anyone smoke in the same room as the computer?

If the answer to either of these is yes than a quick fan cleaning might fix everything. You might also want to read this http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3216969/asus-rog-gl552vw-high-cpu-gpu-temps.html. Same problem essentially.

Hi everyone. My name is tkrued, i am into film recording and editing, some motion graphic here and there and gaming on my down time. Hope to contribute positively and to find help when needed.

Thank you.
tkrued

I'm glad to be here with experts in gaming and overclocking 🙂

I'm an IT guy and a geek, and a gamer since Atari times 😉

Looking forward to be around you all.