cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,151 REPLIES 4,151

Hi guys and girls, I'm Jet...yes like the aeroplane.

I'm new to all this and have always wanted to understand computers
so last weekend I knocked together the following;
Corsair 600t
Maximus v extreme
I7 7600k
32gb ripjaws
Samsung 840 series 120gb ssd
H100i cpu cooler
Corsair hx850 psu
Gtx670 gpu
Plus a bunch of razer peripherals and a 60 inch plasma

I put this together with no prior computer knowledge
and have never played a pc game so I now need to learn
how to use it to its potential.

Already many of you have helped me unknowingly through your posts so thank you for that, I look forward to learning more from all of you about overclocking etc soon.

HI MATES !
I am new here. I like this forum too much. I see the lot of informative and learning stuff here. The purpose of joining this forum is to get more information and knowledge and share what I, know. I am confident that my stay here really good and according to my odds.:)
Unless I'm an ASUS or ROG partner, no I will not be allowed to your forum to promote my company for free 🙂 - Edit by MarshallR@ASUS

Hello guys [and gals]. My name is Daniel and my 'handle' is Bravo7Charlie. I started using this name in World of Tanks and it sort of 'stuck', so Im still using it in most cases for now. I joined this forum this morning to try to find some help with getting my ram up to speed. I just bought the Sabertooth 990fx rev2 mb, the fx8350 8 core AMD cpu, and 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance pc15000 (1866) ram { 4 x 4 sticks }. This is a fair stepup from my other pc. Oops, I was about to post my situation and question here. Gues I better wait to post that in the correct thread. I am 42 yrs old and really enjoy gaming, and computers in general. I have to say, this looks like a wonderful forum, from what I've seen so far. Looking forward to reading though some of it. Matter of fact, I'm off to do that right now . . . I'm on an information hunt!

Hello everyonee my name is buck, and i have an asus g74sx. im interested in overclocking , and whatever i need to do to get as much out of my laptop as possible. Unfortunately my skillset with overclocking, and mods is minimal. Any compitent technical assistance is appreciated.

Welcome @allman210! 🙂 There are people who can help you with OC'ing your laptop in the laptop section. Keep in mind, though, that the gains are not likely to be as dramatic as on a desktop. Still, post away and welcome! 🙂
Here is the sub-forum for your laptop:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?114-Older-G-Series-Notebooks
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Good morning --

My bright shiny new G75VW-DH72 just arrived, and I'm just getting ready to start using it.

It came with the 256gb SSD and a 750gb hard drive, but it was partitioned with four drives... I'd rather have the SSD take up a single C drive and the other drive take up a single D drive. I'll dig around here and see if folks have recommendations!

Cheers,
-- David

Welcome @Cheddarmonger! 🙂 The best way to do that is to open the Start menu and type "partition". Click on the link that says "Create and format hard disk partitions."

Windows Disk Management will open, and from there you can delete the unwanted partitions and expand the two that you do want.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

I have been fooling around with computers since my first 486dx 33 Zeos. Built a few over the years but until this last build it has been ten years almost. I had to read a lot to catch up on things before I built the one listed below. Just got it up a few days ago, went well. I am self employed, pre-wiring new home with cable etc., cell signal boosters, towers (yes there is still a use for these up here), TV ant., dish network, direct tv, and both sat. internet companies. Installing access points in a motel today, home theater pre-wire and climbing cell towers. Have knowledge of RF head end stuff etc. My company is Moderntech Solutions, self employment is the best.
Asus p9x79 pro mobo ~ Intel i7-3930k LGA2011 ~ Intel 520 series 240gb ssd
Seagate barracuda sataIII 6gb 3tb hd ~ EVGA GTX 680 ftw+ 4gb 3687
Cool master silent pro 1000w power supply ~ Corsair H100i cpu cooler
32gb G-skill ddr5 2133 quad channel memory f3-17000cl9q2-32gbzh
Windows 7 pro OS ~ Thermaltake chaser MK-1 case

Hey everyone. First time buying a ROG MB. I really look forward to learning how to overclock on the Maximus V Extreme and getting advice from this site and meeting new friends on the way. Cheers.

Hey everyone my name is Al and just a little bit about me; i love animals - mainly dogs, I have a website dedicated to them www.SafetyPaws.org and am aiming for a 501(c)3 soon after i graduate. I also love motorcycles and enjoy working on my Ninja. Besides my bike and my dogs..my next favorite hobby is computers. I ve been gaming at a very young age - started with sega (love Sonic), but console games kinda were a bore to me (they were all single player or boring split screen multiplayer). I eventually moved to PC gaming and as i grew older PCs became to fascinate me even more.