cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member? Introduce yourself here.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Welcome!

Please introduce yourself and let us know more about you.

Let me start off,
My name is ottoyu34. You can find me in few other forums with the same name. Computers being one of my biggest hobbies. I'm into overclocking (for 24/7),watercooling,system building,gaming,folding,etc.

See you around.
4,154 REPLIES 4,154

I feel your pain...

Anybody know if the RTX 3080 will work on a maximus XII hero with a I7 10700k

Hi, I'm Joe. I've spent most of my gaming life on something that could barely run minesweeper but have always looked up at gaming systems with adoration. Had an ASUS laptop for the last couple of years and haven't looked back since!

Hello, my name is Maxim Sokhatsky, you can also find me on the Internet as Namdak Tonpa. I started to collect computers starting from my first 486DX2. Then was a crazy period of TYAN dual socket SMP motherboards: Tiger 133 and Thunder, backdays I wanted to feel the power. I had almost all 440BX remarkable boards (that was the long-liver like x99, x299). Later I was highly appreciated the passion ASUS engineers put into their products like CUSL2 and TUSL2 which I also had.

Then I totally switched for collecting mobile devices and notebooks: ARM64 evaluation boards and cell phones mostly (Windows, Linux, Mac) and the full lifetime of SONY VAIO laptop series: https://vaio.synrc.com. In 2017 I started to look back onto DIY PC market. By remembering good old feelings about ASUS I have chosen STRIX Z370-I for my low-end Tristellar Mini-ITX build with 32G RAM and 1080Ti, 970EVO+ and 3TB SATA RST RAID. Now this build is updated with 9900K: https://5ht.co/tristellar.

Second stage was to fill my Quadstellar case with appropriate hardware. This leds me to the top ROG line: Zenith, Rampage, Dominus. I defenitely wanted a Purley platform (Dominus) but decided to follow up my own rule to start from cheap ones (to have more items in collection). So the next thing should be Basin Falls (Rampage) and 10980XE as the cheapest client HEDT platform. I came across tons of post dedicated to VROC, nothing scares me and still want to try everything by myself with Hyper M.2 and dozen of drives.

I want to notice in this little protracted introduction last thing. I always try to buy official boards from retail stores with powerful and trusted client services. However in some countries it is very hard to obtain top ASUS products. I dream to find Dominus in our market, however, Zenith II Alpha is present, so top is officially accessible.

Very grateful to ASUS for their products and another chance to love DIY PCs!

Hi all

My name is Serge. I am a cg artist from France and when I have a little time a gamer 😉

MY SYS CONFIG:
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING NDA
INTEL I7 9700K + ASUS Ryuo 240
CRUCIAL MX500 - 500 GO
SEAGATE 2To BARRACUDA
Gainward GeForce GTX 970 (I know it is very old ^^)
Corsair AX850
Acer Nitro XV273K

Thanks to all!

Retired
Not applicable
Hello everyone. My name is Chris, ive gone by specialops192 since i was 10.
I was a mac person growing up just because thats what was always used in my house. Once i got a steady income, i spent my money on a few guns, then i started looking into building a PC. Always have a love for gaming but being restricted to a mac sucked.

About 6 months ago i committed to building my PC. I researched the best parts in my price range and dove it. I now have a pretty sweet rig, funny thing is, im not satisfied.
Im not sure what it is about building your own computer, but once the computer is built, there is always something more that can be done. Ive been obsessed lately with getting more speed/ technology crammed into that little box. About to try my hand at watercooling, and light modding. I CANNOT wait!

Im here because my first Mobo was a Maximus IV Extreme, and im loving it. I will buy many more ROG products... as long as they keep the black/red scheme. Thanks for reading!

specialops192 wrote:
Hello everyone. My name is Chris, ive gone by specialops192 since i was 10.
I was a mac person growing up just because thats what was always used in my house. Once i got a steady income, i spent my money on a few guns, then i started looking into building a PC. Always have a love for gaming but being restricted to a mac sucked.

About 6 months ago i committed to building my PC. I researched the best parts in my price range and dove it. I now have a pretty sweet rig, funny thing is, im not satisfied.
Im not sure what it is about building your own computer, but once the computer is built, there is always something more that can be done. Ive been obsessed lately with getting more speed/ technology crammed into that little box. About to try my hand at watercooling, and light modding. I CANNOT wait!

Im here because my first Mobo was a Maximus IV Extreme, and im loving it. I will buy many more ROG products... as long as they keep the black/red scheme. Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the fight brother.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Hi Im Todd from South coastol New Hampshire or New Hampsha for us locals 😛

I just completed my ROG build yesterday. Fairly straight forward build.

specs:
Maximus IV Gene Z board
I5-2500K chip
G.Skill 8GB DDR-3 1600
MSI 560 TI GTX 2GDS Twin Frozr OC
Corsair HX850W
Samsung 1 TB drive
Corsair H100 self contained water cooler for CPU
CM HAF 922 modded case for p/p fans on the H100
Win7 64bit
above all from Newegg with some various other bits from Frozen CPU

Its been 5+ years since my last new pc. Wow have things changed for the better. My old pc is an Athlon II 2.81Ghz and showing its age more often everyday.

Im a total newb with OC, so Im gonna do lots of reading first and hopefull get a better grasp on OC'ing before I make any changes. I just want to get a nice stabil performer. Not planning on getting to crazy with it..
*Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z* *I5-2500K* *Corsair H100 Cooler p/p* *G.Skill 8GB DDR-3 1600* *Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb HDD* *MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr 2GDS OC* *Modded CM HAF 922* *Corsair HW850W* *Lots of extra fans, silent and very COOOOL*

Welcome wwit63

Good components comprise a great system and it looks like you have put together a serious machine there.

Retired
Not applicable
I've been lurking around this forum for a while, but finally decided to become a member today. Thanks for all the info and help guys.