cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Intel Haswell Processor Refresh on the Way?

kkn
Level 14
http://www.techoftomorrow.com/2014/pc/new-intel-haswell-processor-refresh-2014/
We’re only a couple weeks into the new year but it looks like rumors have already started to circulate that Intel is gearing up to refresh its Haswell processor line with 20 new CPU options sometime in the Q2 of 2014. We haven’t heard an official word, but the guess is sometime after April.

well only time will tell 🙂
14 REPLIES 14

Nate152
Hi kkn, I wonder if they will continue to use the thermal paste instead of solder. In my opinion I think they use the thermal paste so temps go higher and we can't ocerclock them as well as they should. I got the maximus v extreme because it said it was king of Z77 overclocking but, little did I know that meant using liquid nitrogen. So, I got a great overclocking board and the best cpu for it that has TIM and I can't overclock it like it should because of temperatues even with liquid cooling. I guess there is always the delidding option but, that is risky. Decreasing the die size and using TIM is a bad combination. I don't think intel is going bankrupt to have to resort to using TIM instead of solder. Anyone else agree?

kkn
Level 14
they droped the quality on the tim when they did go for the intel 3 series of cpu.
series before that had quality tim.

Nate152
If I'm not mistaken, the sandy bridge cpu's had the solder then intel used the TIM with ivy bridge and haswell.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Apparently, Intel is going to be refreshing their CPU lineup every 2 years...and apparently, Broadwell is not coming to the mainstream market...only laptops.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/intel-broadwell-no-desktop/

01_Wolverine
Level 12
Digitimes website,

Quote:

Intel prepares Haswell Refresh processors for 2Q14

Monica Chen, Taipei; Joseph Tsai, DIGITIMES [Monday 13 January 2014]

Intel's next-generation Haswell Refresh processors are expected to become available in the retail channel in May, and the CPU giant will also start shipping its Z97 and H97 chipsets in April in order to enable motherboard players such as Asustek Computer and Gigabyte Technology to start selling related products at the end of the month

Intel will release about 20 new processors for its Haswell Refresh platform in the second quarter including Core i7-4790, Core i5-4690, Core i5-4590, Core i3-4360, Pentium G3450 and Celeron G1840 and low-power Core i7-4790S, Core i5-4590S and Core i3-4150T.

Intel will then release its Haswell Refresh K series and Haswell-E in the third quarter and phase out its Core i5-3350P, Core i3-3225 and Core i3-3210 processors in the first quarter

from Ocaholic website:

Quote:

In case you missed it earlier, the new refreshed Haswell chips will still be compatible with Intel's LGA1150 socket motherboards and will only need a BIOS update. Intel's Core i7 Haswell-E HEDT platform is expected in that time frame and it appears that the Q2 and Q3 2014 should be an interesting time frame for both Intel and motherboard makers as well.

Link

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8828

from WCCFTech website

Quote:

Intel to refresh Haswell-platform next quarter
By Marc Mouthaan, Saturday January 18, 2014 03:57 PM, source: Digitimes
Intel has announced that its Haswell platform will receive and update in the next quarter. The Z97 and H97 chipsets will make their debut with large motherboard manufacturers having their first products available in May.

Intel will introduce twenty new processors, spread across its Pentium, Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 series. For the entry-level segment, the Pentium G3450 and Celeron G1840 processors will be launched. The Core i3-4150T, Core i5-4590S and Core i7-4790S are extra efficient chips. Furthermore, Intel has also announced the Core i3-4360, Core i5-4590 and Core i7-4790.

It's likely that Intel will debut the overclockable K-models at the Taiwanese Computex conference, this June. From the fourth quarter of this year, the Core i3-3225, Core i3-3210 en Core i5-3350P processors will be discontinued.

from WCCFTech website Jan 18,2014

Quote:

Intel to refresh Haswell-platform next quarter

By Marc Mouthaan, Saturday January 18, 2014 03:57 PM, source: Digitimes

Intel has announced that its Haswell platform will receive and update in the next quarter. The Z97 and H97 chipsets will make their debut with large motherboard manufacturers having their first products available in May.

Intel will introduce twenty new processors, spread across its Pentium, Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 series. For the entry-level segment, the Pentium G3450 and Celeron G1840 processors will be launched. The Core i3-4150T, Core i5-4590S and Core i7-4790S are extra efficient chips. Furthermore, Intel has also announced the Core i3-4360, Core i5-4590 and Core i7-4790.

It's likely that Intel will debut the overclockable K-models at the Taiwanese Computex conference, this June. From the fourth quarter of this year, the Core i3-3225, Core i3-3210 en Core i5-3350P processors will be discontinued.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Looking forward to this I must say.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.