cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum appearance worse than previous

Drayco31
Level 11

Anyone else thin the new lool is worse, information wise that is?

Can only see 5 threads per page and that only shows when it was created not when last comment was. Previously we could see 10+ thresds [er page and actually see when the last comment made in a thread was. Right now I can see threads shown as 1 week ago when ithe last comment was made today. I can't see most recent comment made  at x day/time without clicking to view a thread. Which results on me having to click and view threads to find out if there has been any new comments since I last checked.

Oh and Subscribing to threads has never worked for me. Not even in threads I've created so i gave up on that. Is this just me or is this the same behaviour for others? How do you all feel about the STUPID.....sorry, 'SMART' device style HUGE listings that requires more work and time, minimals as that may be, to interact with?

104 REPLIES 104

Good suggestions, I agree with all of them

Good to hear you are feeling better. In the future, keep in mind that whether or not the posts are directed at anyone, the moderators need to read it and decide whether to enage in a battle with someone who clearly has the intention to seek out more ammo should it depletes, then get back into the gunfight. If you know what I mean. 

You seem to have a passion for engaging in forums. We will look at the feedback and take these into consideration. I'd suggest to not make a massive list of requests. We cannot get an accurate consensus even if sombody else indicated agree to all, every item has its own weight.

Here are a few responses:

Sticky threads were not marked anymore due to the migration. A couple of important ones were pinned (e.g. Armoury Crate section) The function to pin them is still there, however, we are seeking a better alternative than populating the first page with pinned threads. 

I moderated on the previous forum for several years. Finding something on the new platform should be far easier not harder, please spend more time with the new search function and filters then let us know if you change your mind. Thanks.

MoKiChU's account was fixed and should not affect you in any way whatsoever.

I am also new to this system, so I would need more time to have an opinion about all the small details you pointed out. I generally won't spend 10 minutes on something and form so many definitive conclusions, that's just me. 

Thanks for the updates

Besides  being a web designer 20+ years ago I used to test drive cars for a living. Prototypes, production and production with components aimed for the next gen vehicle that required testing. Thus have a lot of experience identifying faults and things that could be better, things people might not like and suggesting ways to improve things.

Some suggestions got implemented, sometimes they implement another way to deal with the issue/dislike. Changes would depend on how many drivers and engineer commented about it negatively. Obviously a cost/benefit analysis would have been involved.

Also built my own computers for 25 years along with for family/friends and have a habit off troubleshooting trying to fix things myself to the point retaillers often can't suggest anything else and sometmes say I did more troubleshooting than they would, haha

TLDR: Identifying and pointing out things that could be better is instinctive to me now.

I'll try to be a less grumpy if I suggest ways I feel could improve things. Even if they don't change it's noce to say it and get it out there, just in case.

Shouldn't be too hard now, I hope

Rooke
Level 10

I miss the hardware profile we all used to have.  ☹️

Have a Good One! 😎
Rooke

Rooke
Level 10

I just discovered several things that make these forums a bit better.  I've now got a signature.

You might find something useful too.  Take a look at your profile and the preferences.  I think there might be something to increase the number of posts/threads/topics (not sure which) buried in the preferences.

Have a Good One! 😎
Rooke

F1Aussie
Level 11

I guess I must be in the bad books, my account status says it is under review. Not sure what that means, couldn't find any info about it. 

So you are, no idea what it means and I haven't exactly read everything, can skim and kinda only focusing on this thread right now. Hopefully it gets sorted soon

Jesseinsf
Level 10

Actually, I now find it easy to locate threads. The best way to go about this is to not compare it with the old forums as you will get lost.

Murph_9000
Level 14

Here's a little Tampermonkey script for Chrome which addresses a few of the cosmetic issues that were bugging me.  It's fairly quick and dirty to get the job done.  The embedded CSS is only tested on Chrome, might misbehave on non-Chromium browsers, and uses a pseudo-class that might not work on Firefox.  Use at your own risk, may contain bugs.

• Normal line height/spacing.
  • Reduced margin between paragraphs.
  • No previews on the front page.
  • Original post content hidden on page 2+ of multi-page topics.
// ==UserScript==
// @name         ROG Forum enhancements
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  try to take over the world!
// @author       Murph
// @match        https://rog-forum.asus.com/*
// @icon         https://www.google.com/s2/favicons?sz=64&domain=rog-forum.asus.com
// @Grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

/*
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
 * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
 * ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
 * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
 * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
 * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
 * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
 * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
 * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
 * SUCH DAMAGE.
 */

(function() {
    'use strict';

const style = document.createElement('style');
    style.type = 'text/css';
    style.appendChild(document.createTextNode(`
* { line-height: normal !important; }
.lia-message-body-content p, .lia-message-body p { margin-top: 1em !important; }
.CommunityPage .custom-message-tile>div p,
.CommunityPage .custom-message-tile>div figure {
    display: none !important;
}
.message-list:has(.lia-paging-pager .lia-paging-page-previous>.lia-link-navigation:not(.lia-link-disabled))
    .first-message .lia-quilt-row-message-main { display:none; }
    `));
    document.head.appendChild(style);

const messageview = document.getElementById('lineardisplaymessageviewwrapper');
    //const messageview = document.getElementById('messageview');
    const pager = document.getElementById('pager');

if (messageview && pager) {
        // This violates the HTML DOM with duped element IDs.
        // Chrome doesn't seem to care that much.
        // Assign unique IDs to the cloned nodes before prepending
        // if you encounter problems or don't like the violation.

// Add cloned pager before first message
        messageview.parentElement.prepend(pager.cloneNode(true));
        // Add cloned pager before list of replies
        pager.parentElement.prepend(pager.cloneNode(true));
    }
})();

bigjohns97
Level 9

Is there anyway to go back to the previous view, this one takes forever to find the mokishu driver threads.