cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum appearance worse than previous

Drayco31
Level 11

Anyone else thin the new lool is worse, information wise that is?

Can only see 5 threads per page and that only shows when it was created not when last comment was. Previously we could see 10+ thresds [er page and actually see when the last comment made in a thread was. Right now I can see threads shown as 1 week ago when ithe last comment was made today. I can't see most recent comment made  at x day/time without clicking to view a thread. Which results on me having to click and view threads to find out if there has been any new comments since I last checked.

Oh and Subscribing to threads has never worked for me. Not even in threads I've created so i gave up on that. Is this just me or is this the same behaviour for others? How do you all feel about the STUPID.....sorry, 'SMART' device style HUGE listings that requires more work and time, minimals as that may be, to interact with?

104 REPLIES 104

drop4205
Level 12

Lost here now lol.  How to find the sticky posts in here now.  

Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11

How in hell do you sign out of these froums????? No matter if I sign out, and it shows that I am signed out, if I open a new tab and hit my bookmark, it signs me back in again automataclly???

ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

@pinkfloyd1173 wrote:

How in hell do you sign out of these froums????? No matter if I sign out, and it shows that I am signed out, if I open a new tab and hit my bookmark, it signs me back in again automataclly???

I have Firefox setup to delete all cookies and site data when I close it. Clearly doesn't work unless I actually close the browser. Other option is to manually wipe cookies and site data after you signout by clicking the padlock icon to the left of the address bar and select clear cookies and site data. Using Firefox so may be different for other browsers. Thats even after NOT selecting Remember me on the login page. Forum appears to create and store a login token whether you select remember me or not.

Not exactly acceptable for those that do NOT want to be automatically logged in all the time.

Especialy if you watch Linus Tech Tips and see the hassle he and his team had to deal with recently when a system got compromised and the attacker used their Youtube login token to gain access to their channel without needing their username, password or 2 factor authentication code. Uploaded videos and had links to scam sites. Sure this is only a forum account but it's still an account bad actors would be more than happen to spam **** and post links trying to scam users and likely get the account banned or even deleted. For reference the link below is the update from Linus explaining what happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGXaAWbzl5A

asmodyus
Level 10

This has to be of the worst forums update I have ever seen. God, I probably won't ever be back unless I need an update on drivers. rather go somewhere else for info this is very frustrating.

ThioJoe
Level 7

I can't even scroll down on any pages with Chrome or Firefox, only Edge lol

@ThioJoe You probably have something blocking pop-ups.  This happened to me -- there is a popup about accepting cookies on first visit, and if that is blocked -- you can't scroll the pages until it is displayed and "accepted".  So temporarily turn off anything blocking popups (whether part of browser settings or an extension), and that should let you accept the cookie pop-up, then the scrolling will work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

RogScott
Level 12

How am I supposed to see "what's new since my last visit"?  On the list of topics, I see when the topic was created -- but nothing to indicate whether it has replies that are recent or new since my last visit.

And is there a setting to stop seeing the "first post" on EVERY PAGE???  Especially with the longer first posts, its a real pain to scroll down through that at the top of every single page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

Hi RogScott, I have my preferences set to show newest replies to a thread first. To change this setting, go to account settings, preferences, linear layout.

@Jimbo93 - I am aware of that setting, but then everything is in reverse chronological order -- so I have to keep scrolling down until I spot a message I remember, then start reading upwards to see the new messages in order.  So that just replaces one inconvenient, time-consuming annoyance with another, LOL.

That helps but honestly that should be the default behaviour and shouldn't require everyone to go into settings to find something to change default behaviour.

plus other forums, including old Asus forums, don't reverse replies this way. They just jump to the latest reply since your last visit.

Also doesn't remedy that if I reply to someone on page x the reply gets insert below that comment meaning no-one else nd maybe not even the person I replied to will see it. Why can't the system just put the reply at the end/latest comment qith a * replied to x" that way the person being replied to or anyone can easily see it but others may actuallyy have somethig to say on the matter and may even be able to help.