cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum appearance worse than previous

Drayco31
Level 11

Anyone else thin the new lool is worse, information wise that is?

Can only see 5 threads per page and that only shows when it was created not when last comment was. Previously we could see 10+ thresds [er page and actually see when the last comment made in a thread was. Right now I can see threads shown as 1 week ago when ithe last comment was made today. I can't see most recent comment made  at x day/time without clicking to view a thread. Which results on me having to click and view threads to find out if there has been any new comments since I last checked.

Oh and Subscribing to threads has never worked for me. Not even in threads I've created so i gave up on that. Is this just me or is this the same behaviour for others? How do you all feel about the STUPID.....sorry, 'SMART' device style HUGE listings that requires more work and time, minimals as that may be, to interact with?

104 REPLIES 104

F1Aussie
Level 11

They should have held back the release until it had better functionality

@F1Aussie wrote:

They should have held back the release until it had better functionality

What makes you think it ever will? LOL

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

F1Aussie
Level 11

Why when i choose most recent on the home page to view the latest posts it has posts from one week ago as the latest post? Why would this be showing up amongst topics with posts from today?

Yarda
Level 9

Oh, and i can't edit my post on a forum... How on earth is there no edit option! 😂

Yup, I'd have edited the topic to include things you ancd others have said but obviously I can't without a basic edit function..

Drayco31
Level 11

Oh but on the plus side I am getting notifications when people comment. Something that never worked on the old forum.. Still sucks but least there is 1 thing that I feel improved

This is both good and bad, Waking up to 35 emails from replies was a bit of a surprise lol.

Also I believe I read somewhere that the edit feature is unlocked with higher forum levels. Personally I find that pretty stupid as it should be a base feature of any forum. You can't edit or delete posts til you rank higher enough? Really... who thought that was a good idea.

@Ragnaraz690  a écrit :

This is both good and bad, Waking up to 35 emails from replies was a bit of a surprise lol.

Also I believe I read somewhere that the edit feature is unlocked with higher forum levels. Personally I find that pretty stupid as it should be a base feature of any forum. You can't edit or delete posts til you rank higher enough? Really... who thought that was a good idea.

Hi,

You can avoid any notification emails by checking this box : https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile%3Aemail

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11

I have also noticed that you really cannot sign out of the forums???? 

I sign out, it shows that I am signed out. If I open a new tab and hit forums tab, i am still signed in???

ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

F1Aussie
Level 11

So I just viewed the x670 thread, it is one I regularly C Hg eck in on. Now everytime I go to it it takes me to the original oust in the furst page. I then gave to manually search page by page for the furst unread post. Every time I go to a new page I have to scroll through the long original post to see who has replied. You can't even press the three little dots between page 1 and page 58 to search for a specific page. I have to go to the last page which is 58 and the. Go back one page at a time to try and find the furst unread post.

So this new forum is an improvement how? Congratulations, this is now the worst forum I have ever used. Nice way to alienate your fan base and customers.