cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is Glen

Ugiboy
Level 7
Hi, my name is Glen Wootton. This is my first post so please bear with me. I have crosshair iv board, i am trying to install 16gb of Corsair ram CMZ 16GX3M4A11600C9. But when I try the last one my board alarms? I have 64bit windows7. Any suggestions please
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey Glen welecome to the forum mate.

Could you explain a bit more what you mean when by "when I try the last one the board alarms", I am taking that to mean if you add the 4th stick then the board will not post. Is that correct?

Could you download memtest ver 4.2 is avaialbe in USB stick form, and test each stick of ram, it sounds like one of your sticks may be faulty or that one of your DIMM slots may be fautly.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi, It will run with 12gb but as soon as I try 16gb it alarms and will not post

I have treid all four sticks individually and all four work. Have downloaded memtest but dont know how to use it. As you can guess i am not very good at this

Have also tried all four slots in different combo's. It worked fine before I overclocked vga. Now the vga light on the board stays on when I have all 16gb of ram installed, but it works fine on 12gb

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Welcome Glen, I would do as HiVizMan states but also remember that the AMD CPU's have a weak Memory Controller which could also be causing your problem. Some AMD CPU's are just fine with 4 Modules and others like mine won't allow 4 modules for any reason. I run with 8gig's just fine though 2x4gig.

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you have downloaded the USB version then simply click the application and follow the prompts.

Once the USB stick has been configured stick it in your motherboard. F8 to select the USB stick as your first boot device and let it run.

Post back when you have run two completed cycles of memetest on each stick.

Then repeat with a working stick of ram in each individual DIMM slot.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.