Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issues on G752VT and bad experiene with RMA

vslpi
Level 7
Hi,

I wanted to share my experiences with ASUS ROG computers
I have bought a G751VT. Immediatly, 3 issues have been notified.
- 2 left USB port are not working
- sound cracking even on mute
- sdcard push back (spring) faulty

Need to send the computer 2 times to RMA in Germany as the first time nothing has been done for the sound and left USB ports.
After the second try, it finally works !! but 2 months after, my computer has been stolen and I have decided to buy the G752VT and thought I had a bad experience with this computer but still believed in ASUS.

Same experience with the G752VT, 2 left port are faulty (disconnect/connect or freeze computer), sound cracks and mouse pad faulty.
As I was in the process to go back to live in France, I have waited until oct 16.
Same experience with the RMA and even worse !!!
After the first try, the 2 left USB port are still not working and I have a scratch on the screen done by the repair center.

I have read a lot of thread on the left usb issue and sound cracks but it is not acceptable and i will not give up

The last answser from Asus is that it shall be discussed with their hierarchy...

I am losing my patience and know for sure that my next computer will not be an ASUS:mad::mad::mad:
3 REPLIES 3

Digimutant
Level 7
vslpi wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to share my experiences with ASUS ROG computers
I have bought a G751VT. Immediatly, 3 issues have been notified.
- 2 left USB port are not working
- sound cracking even on mute
- sdcard push back (spring) faulty

Need to send the computer 2 times to RMA in Germany as the first time nothing has been done for the sound and left USB ports.
After the second try, it finally works !! but 2 months after, my computer has been stolen and I have decided to buy the G752VT and thought I had a bad experience with this computer but still believed in ASUS.

Same experience with the G752VT, 2 left port are faulty (disconnect/connect or freeze computer), sound cracks and mouse pad faulty.
As I was in the process to go back to live in France, I have waited until oct 16.
Same experience with the RMA and even worse !!!
After the first try, the 2 left USB port are still not working and I have a scratch on the screen done by the repair center.

I have read a lot of thread on the left usb issue and sound cracks but it is not acceptable and i will not give up

The last answser from Asus is that it shall be discussed with their hierarchy...

I am losing my patience and know for sure that my next computer will not be an ASUS:mad::mad::mad:

The sound cracking is the subwoofer, seems common and I'm investigating ways to eradicate the scratchy, hissing and popping sounds it produces.

And for the two USBs, I've no issues with that so I wonder if it's model specific or driver related as I ran updates on mine (automatically it did) and just tested two USBs on the left side and there's no freezing if I plug in a USB drive, WLAN or anything.

Also discovered I have line-in, and it's not operating like line-in as Windows fails to pick that up.

I have had 2 asus laptops now and I haven't had a problem with speakers or usb's but there support has a ton of room for improvement... these are pricy laptops and the service should show that... I am a field service tech for a company that sells 250k $ trucks and if I gave this kind of service I would be out of a job quick

I'm going through some similar frustrations right now. I have a 3month old rogg752 and have already had to send it in for a RMA once where 2 parts were replaced. My first problem with the laptop when it wouldnt turn on the CS agent told me it was my fault for leaving it plugged in over night!

Had the laptop back one week and woke up today with a missing HDD! All my games that werent on the SSD were deleted. Called asus and they want me to send it in for another RMA. I have international travel plans on the 5th of Dec through May and dont have time to deal with amother RMA so now I'll be stuck without this laptop for at least 5 months and its brand new.

I bought this laptop to have high end gaming on the go. All that its brought me is frustration. Countless phone calls with supports,emails, and forum post. I've had multiple laptops before this and never once did I rma. These were all 500.00 or cheaper computers. Buy a 1600.00 asus and all I'm doing is spending my time on the phone and driving out to fedex.