cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse wont turn off at shutdown

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
So this one is really confusing me. I was poking around devices the other day and dont remember changing anything related to the mouse. I have a logitech racing wheel that is preventing the screen saver from turning on and its keeping the system "awake." But somehow in the course of all that, now my razer mouse light stays lit at computer shutdown. I just put this system together and for the first 3 days it would always shutoff. Same with the last system for like 4 years. A few things Ive looked at so far:

-Found the mouse in device manager and ensured that "allow the computer to turn this device off to save power" is checked. That is actually in the port/hub that the mouse is currently plugged into, under the "human interface devices" section.

-In my power options advanced settings, USB selective suspend is enabled. Allow hybrid sleep is off

-I did not use any sort of installation disc or anything so it cant be razer software messing with it.

Where else can I check? There were no motherboard options about keeping ports powered that I could see. ASUS maximus X code. Would this be a windows thing or a motherboard thing? Should I flash my bios? Im still on the stock one from June or whenever.
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
Check that this port isnt meant to be live for charging 5V devices.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

So there are no 5v charging options. I learned I can enable.ERP in the bios and that does the trick, however on startup next time it boots a few times before going to windows and that's not right. Point is , it did not act this way before with the mouse and now it is , so wtf. Any other thoughts within that bios I could check? Seems wierd. Assuming my evga supernova g3 is erp compliant, but not entirely sure what that means in reality. My keyboard doesn't light up though, but any usb port will light the mouse. Could there be some windows setting in device manager?

Turn off power to the usb ports in stanby in the bios

Jaz11 wrote:
Turn off power to the usb ports in stanby in the bios

I would love to except there is no option to do so. Checked everywhere. Unless it's by some wierd name asus calls it? Thoughts?

Nate152