cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most used IM service?

Cyrekk
Level 10
I am curious, what IM service(s) do you use, and which one(s) do you think are the most commonly used? There are a lot out there, ICQ, AIM, MSN, Skype, etc...

I just want to see what people are using.
Only IM services with standalone clients qualify. (ie does not include Steam chat, Facebook chat, etc...)

I primarily (almost to the point of exclusivity) use MSN Messenger. How about you?

EDIT: Let's also see what clients you use and why! I use the vanilla MSN client, mostly because I have (in the past) found it to be the most consistently stable.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS
9 REPLIES 9

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Depends on the person or group I currently chatting with, Personal (big House) I use MSN because it also supports Video, My Clan/Guild I host a TeamSpeak 3Server for them as well as we have a Skype network for Vid Conferencing I also use Ventrillo for some of the other stuff I do.

Chastity
Level 10
IRC FTW
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

chrsplmr
Level 18
0 clients.
0 p2p.
0 chat.
Email.

Jaytheredneck1
Level 8
I have used MSN since it's debut in I think 99 or 00. I tried ICQ, didn't like it. Tried IRC, not my cup of tea. Used to use netmeeting b4 msn was invented. So it's just MSN for text chat, and I use windows live messenger client because I didn't have to install anything, it was just there.

For voice I use only Ventrilo, tried TS in the past and it was horrible, Ventrilo is about as clear as you can get, so good that it's widely used for podcasts. I don't do video conferencing.
Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Cyrekk
Level 10
Vent is great for voice, I completely agree with that one. @chrsplmr You seriously don't use IM?
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

chrsplmr
Level 18
who would I talk to brother??? like minded people??? where are they???
This forum is as chatty as I get..most I have encountered here..
speak the same language...on all sorts of levels...starting with ROG
and usually progressing.
I really try to stay focused on the projects of the day..
(thats Y the graphics..busy hands while thinking..)

I have used most over the years, icq... have had friends in
hong kong, germany..israel...all over..when I had the gym..
anything to get away from the one on one physical, then...

short answer::: nope...
should I? hehehe

Retired
Not applicable
I use MSN and Skype. Although recently, I haven't used either of them lately. Being sick and all, I just kind of seclude myself and sleep for 16 hours a day. Heh.

xeromist
16 hours? I like sleep but I'm not sure if I could stay out that long without drugs even when I'm sick. Must be a serious bug; get well soon.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MissKokane
Level 12
I use Yahoo cause from all the IMs I've tried I like it best. Also, all my friends use it, and I love the emoticons.

I have accounts on MSN, Skype and AIM but don't use them anymore.