cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[META] Modernize the forum platform?

Thw0rted
Level 7
If there's a better place for this, please let me know and I'd be happy to move it.

Mods: has there been any discussion of moving the forum to a modern platform like Discourse? PHPBB feels like the '90s. Discourse is an improvement in every measure I can think of.

Users: do you have experience with both platforms? If so, what do you think? Would a change be a big improvement? Is there another modern forum platform that would make more sense?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
I'm a mod but I don't work for ASUS. AFAIK there are no plans to change the software. They spent some effort updating it to a newer version a few years back so it seemed like they were satisfied with the platform. I know they've put some work into integrating with the ASUS.com site so maybe they are reluctant to change. Don't know.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

toronto699
Level 13
The Forum Works For Me As Is , No Need To Change As Far I can See , Change Is Always Not The Best Option Just For The Sake Of Change ,