cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Keys! Do you use 'em?

X-ROG
Level 15
Macro Keys! Do you use them and if so, what for and on what devices?

It will help solve an argument we're having here, because I never do but some people can't live without them - but they are tied between preferring mouse and keyboard.

Let me know (and help bring peace to ROG HQ!)
20 REPLIES 20

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Good come back Marshall! and now you also have the answer you were looking for....especially since all of the gamers have apparently answered already...well atleast the important ones....ROFL....I got a great laugh at this though, Thank you for that.

A last thought for all of you who don't think they use Macro's or Macro Keys....If you use atleast the Volume Buttons on your Keyboard you are using a Macro Key and most Keyboards have a Volume +/- and Mute along with Play and Pause Buttons an my keyboard also has a Calculator Button and a Windows Button which are also Macro Keys. Some even have an email and Program Hots Keys as well.

DaemonCantor wrote:
A last thought for all of you who don't think they use Macro's or Macro Keys....If you use atleast the Volume Buttons on your Keyboard you are using a Macro Key and most Keyboards have a Volume +/- and Mute along with Play and Pause Buttons an my keyboard also has a Calculator Button and a Windows Button which are also Macro Keys. Some even have an email and Program Hots Keys as well.

Yeah, that's why I wrote "or who knows?" - I did have a feeling about those keys... I actually do use the Volume Buttons... 🙂

ganji
Level 13
Nope never used macro's, I just assign as much as possible to my mouse depending on the game. I think the only real use for macro's would be in MMO type games and office/editing apps.

djdelirius
Level 10
Not on my keyboard or mouse...I use autohotkey but never in games. The only thing I have coded is for stuff I use all the time. For ex., my email address, user id's, password, name, etc. I haven't ever found a need in game.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Not on a keyboard, no. On a mouse, then can be helpful for storing different "speeds" (DPI settings). Also, I use a laptop, so no spare keys there.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Krindor
Level 11
Don't have that many macro keys on my current keyboard and when I did have I didn't use them cause the hand is centered around wasd moving it around more than needed is worthless when gaming.
On the mouse I currently I have 2 macro keys which are assigned to lower/raise DPI, wish I had one with more macro keys for MMORPGs due to the need to place out more hotkeys... but oh well 😄
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Is print screen a macro....if so I use that a lot...;)

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Is print screen a macro....if so I use that a lot...;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Choke...Hack....BWAHAHAHAAHA good one Arne! but no that one is a Mapped key dating all the way back to 1980 with the Enhanced IBM 101 key Keyboard for Business...

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHa....Still ROLF.....! Ouch my sides are Hurting!....

Skull6
Level 10
Yes, I use macro keys when running specific software--like graphics manipulation & 3D modeling programs. I'm to the point where I don't even have to look up which key I mapped certain commands to anymore! (Otherwise, it takes fractions of seconds less time to look them up & press them than it does just going through the motions "normal" folk use to do the same thing.) But hey, I'm advanced computing! 😄
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

Shawnnepc
Level 13
Use them constantly in MMO's.

Rarely use them besides that
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com