cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live the ROG life.

Retired
Not applicable
HELLO ROG FANS!
I wanted to give some words of encouragement to our ROG supporters and community members and our vision for the ROG community.

The entire concept of a community is to engage and get yourselves involved with others that have a common interest. In this case its ROG and ASUS. Not only products, but the way we live the ROG life is what attracts us all to this never ending hobby. Unlike other communities where you come and go for answers, we hope to encourage a cycle of support to really grow the best PC enthusiast community out there and hope users can gain something from the ROG Experience.

Typically when users come to our site they come because they need information. Maybe its information on what to buy, how to build, troubleshoot, or have fun. Honestly, at the end of the day, we are all trying to have fun right?

You came for your info, built your system, so why stop there when you can give something back to the community that helped you? We hope to teach users about the ROG lifestyle in hopes to have YOU teach/show new users, so on and so forth, before you know it, we will grow!

Now we come to ROG conduct:
Everyone should know that we all started from the bottom. Everyone here had to research their way through the PC life to get to where they are now. Some may have more experience than others, and some have stumbled upon the ROG site to start their PC life. We are here (at least most of us) to help encourage users on their progress and help shape them into the ROG life style (if they choose to accept the challenge).

I am not the be all end all ROG guru. I am just like everyone else, the avg ROG guy trying to build towards something better and trying to make a change in the industry. I too learn something new everyday and that is from this community.

Please think before you post a thread or comment. Is it positive and will it help the community grow or will it create drama and discourage others from coming back. All of our mods are on the lookout and making sure that we have a spam free, drama free and encouraging community.

Live the ROG life. 😛
44 REPLIES 44

Cyrekk wrote:

Do not - Bump spammers or bots: Simply report the post and let ASUS take care of them. Bumping their posts helps spammers and wastes our time. We have a thread specifically for discussing spammers here.

Finally I would like to note that none of this should be taken as a shot at anyone on the forum. You are all great and I enjoy every one of you just the way you are.

Cyrekk wrote:
Marked please don't bump a spammers post, just report it. I deeply regret having to bump it to announce this. I hope to never do it again.
EDIT: We have a thread for discussing spammers, remember?

So what Cyrekk , you play the mod or the Admin ? , come on you post this thing after you play the mod with my reply on a spamer.

So I'm gone get ban because I reply to a spammer ......?

Cyrekk wrote:
This is easily forgivable if English is not your first language, you suffer from a disability, or you lack an elementary school education.

So put me in the list of disable with poor education

Actually, you would be on the list of English not being your first language. Things that get you banned are listed here, these are just good practices and common courtesies. I apologize if I offended you, how can I rectify that?
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Cyreek , you don't know me well, I'm not offended at all, and no need for rectify anything , actually I like your list. lol

It's just than someone yesterday mention to me that I should make more effort with my English, I compose 95% of my post in Word to use the corrector.

I do agree than many post get off topic more than often, but it's may be what make this forum unique.

Speaking of courtesies, I see some members with a total lack of it when a woman register here, this should be taken seriously from a manufacturer forum.

I am glad I didn't offend you Marked. You are actually one of my favorites on this board. Let's be friends.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
just a FYI guys, our forum is global, and english is not everyone's first language. the best we can do is try to make the best of it and not discourage anyone.

Brian@ASUS wrote:
just a FYI guys, our forum is global, and english is not everyone's first language. the best we can do is try to make the best of it and not discourage anyone.

I like the way that you phrased that and have edited the list appropriately.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

I agree with yo very much so. I had was searching around for a great computer company and along with it I got this site and a bunch of great help support and fellow gamers. To chat with and have fun.

My machine: G75VW-BBK5 with Windows 8 Pro :cool:

My YouTube: EpicTechinsteinTime

Oh yeah it's been a long, long journey since the 286 DOS days. How far we have all come in just a few decades. The fastest and most awesome ROG laptop in 2013 will be in a phone in 2016.

good post, i dig the vibe.

I just purchased my ROG g750jm and it's been my best laptop that I ever purchased..I don't really understand Apple users; is it just matter of labeling or even OS that is so atractive to them? I just need an explanation; what is it so special about Apple laptops that Windows laptops don't have or ist it just marketing?

Have a great day