cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ATKEX_cmd.exe errors (Z170 PRO Gaming mobo).

Namdnas
Level 7
Hey guys!

Stumped on this one and was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Upon booting or restarting my PC, this error always triggers in my event log. See picture.

https://i.imgur.com/odvV6jy.jpg

As you can see, it always triggers 4 times.

I’ve tried uninstalling my Realtek Audio Driver and reinstalled the latest for my motherboard...which was actually a slight step back on the version number that was already installed.

That didn’t resolve it. I read that you can just delete the ATKEX.cmd file from the audio driver install path. I did that (and kept in in the recycle bin, just to be safe). That fixed the errors and my driver still loads. I just don’t know what that file actually does and if it’s O.K. to just keep it deleted.

Any ideas or suggestions on a proper fix for this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a good way to get the latest compatible Realtek HD Audio Driver? I've looked on their site and there's so many options - I know Win 10 is 64-but, but there's a 64-bit file and a 32/64 bit version - so I don't know which one I need. I just need the driver - I don't need the extra stuff Asus bundles with it, like the Sonic stuff, etc. Windows update is not auto-installing it like it has in the past...

I downloaded one, but it is a .cab for a manual install. But when I go to the Device Manager, Windows doesn't list a Realtek HD Audio Driver there to click on and update.

Thanks!!

My specs are as follows:

Phantek Ethoo Evolv (spelling?) case / Asus Z170 Pro Gaming (latest BIOS) mobo / Intel i7-6700K Processor / eVGA RTX 2080 / Corsair Hydro liquid cooling / 16GB (8GB x2) DDR4 2800 RAM / 500GB Samsung Evo SSD / 2TB WD Black HDD (game drive) / eVGA 750W Supernova Gold PSU

Dell Alienware AW3418DW monitor / Razer Huntsman Elite keyboard / Razer Naga Trinity Mouse / Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma

Cross-Posted over at Asus Software.
0 REPLIES 0