cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to ask about Matrix 2080 TI

1mluer
Level 11
When can we get some kind of idea when it will be releasing. The last piece of my new build is the video card.

Can we get an idea of timing? Saw it on CES reviews and loved it. I bought everything ASUS including the PSU. I will be hard pressed not to buy the Kingpin 2080 TI if it is released before Matrix. They said this March time frame back in Early February.

Anyway, Anything you can provide in terms of this product would be a great help and keep me from doing something else.

Thanks,

Mike
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!
206 REPLIES 206

panzlock wrote:

The GT2 RS is pure pron; I've driven a GT3 (997.1) and it was a beast - I can only imagine a 991.1/2 and or a 992 and of course we'll probably see a 992 GT2 RS too!
InWin D-Frame 459/500
Intel i9 9900KS
Asus RoG Maximus XI Extreme
Asus RoG Strix 1080Ti OC Edition x2
Asus RoG Ryuo
Asus RoG Thor PSU
Samsung 970 EVO

panzlock
Level 12
SatinWhitePearl wrote:
The GT2 RS is pure pron; I've driven a GT3 (997.1) and it was a beast - I can only imagine a 991.1/2 and or a 992 and of course we'll probably see a 992 GT2 RS too!

You sir, have excellent taste. Tell me......how do you feel about club sandwiches and cognac?
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
You sir, have excellent taste. Tell me......how do you feel about club sandwiches and cognac?

Haha, thank you! I've been fortunate to have had the opportunity to drive some cool cars; I own much simpler cars though - a '18 Subaru STi Type RA and a '15 Honda Civic Si Coupe - awesome daily driver haha.

My views with food are whatever fits how you feel in the moment, so cognac and a club sandwich works. xD
InWin D-Frame 459/500
Intel i9 9900KS
Asus RoG Ryuo
Asus RoG Thor PSU
Samsung 970 EVO

SatinWhitePearl wrote:
Haha, thank you! I've been fortunate to have had the opportunity to drive some cool cars; I own much simpler cars though - a '18 Subaru STi Type RA and a '15 Honda Civic Si Coupe - awesome daily driver haha.

My views with food are whatever fits how you feel in the moment, so cognac and a club sandwich works. xD

I have a Volvo S80 T6. She may not be the most agile athlete but she does have some inline six torque aided by twin turbos. And she can comfortably sit me, my wife, two daughters, a Mastiff/Shepherd mix, Rottweiler and have enugh room left over for groceries and the wife's shoe shopping spree.

But it's nice to hop into a German engineered machine now and again and enjoy the brief feeling of freedom.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

1mluer
Level 11
My latest thoughts last night chatting with a bud on a thread:

" Yeah I drank the ASUS cool aid once again 🙂 only this time instead of a glass I did the pitcher. I even got the Gskill TridentZ RGB DC 64gb ram too. I popped big this time.. Probably why I don 't have very much patience with waiting on Matrix.

I have the invite for another halo card that comes out tomorrow. It might be the best card in the industry today and has lots of support, videos, testing, presentation and perspective. There was non of that for Matrix whatsoever. CES19 stuff not even close to supporting it.

One of my points being that I seem to remember a Strix case they were building at CES19. It's not on the website any longer. I am not complaining or trolling, it's just perception and 9 times out of 10 perception is reality. I wanted this build to be ROG 100% so I have a dilemma. This is also new tech so it could be scrapped at any time if there are too many hurdles. "

As a loyal ASUS consumer this is how I feel about the situation and the situation it puts me in when deciding on products to purchase. Some people don't care and just buy stuff. Well I do care and meticulously hand picked this build. The other halo card is awesome but I wanted 100% ROG build. I feel completely uneasy with this last piece.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
My latest thoughts last night chatting with a bud on a thread:
The other halo card is awesome but I wanted 100% ROG build. I feel completely uneasy with this last piece.

This is exactly what Asus needs to be focusing on currently, they've got a competitive equivalent and yet we know nothing more today than we did after CES2019.

What's even more important is the demographic that the Matrix 2080Ti is aimed towards, these aren't your standard gpu consumers and it's disheartening that Asus has either directly or indirectly kept us in the dark?
InWin D-Frame 459/500
Intel i9 9900KS
Asus RoG Ryuo
Asus RoG Thor PSU
Samsung 970 EVO

1mluer
Level 11
nice where do you live ?
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

Mine normally arrives tomorrow.

Buy at digitec in Switzerland.

ProKable

ProKable wrote:
Mine normally arrives tomorrow.

Buy at digitec in Switzerland.

ProKable

local purchases only there. Screwsszored again.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
local purchases only there. Screwsszored again.

You can maybe try looking if one of the shops here ships to the US, these are German and Austrian shops
https://geizhals.de/asus-rog-matrix-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-platinum-90yv0cc4-m0na00-a1960934.html