cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fully uninstall or prevent from installing Intel Turbo Boost?

Brighttail
Level 11
Greetings.

I have been all over the internet and seen various ways to disable this program. I know I can do it from BIOS and upon a clean install, it will never pop up or start up in windows, but if you check the services/task scheduler, it is still there just disabled. Same thing with trying to uninstall it. I can end the task in the scheduler and disable it. Then I can go into Services and disable it. Then go do add/remove programs and remove it, the computer tells me it is removed but upon restarting the computer, it is still there just disabled. I have found NO way to keep this program/driver from 1. either not being loaded on my computer at all or 2. be able to fully remove it permanently. The best I can do is disable it.

The reason I want it gone is because after a fresh install, my SSD and CPU are up to 33% faster via the tests I run before Intel Turbo Boost is installed. The program waits until the system has been rebooted 4 or 5 times before it is finally installed. Prior to that, the system, SSDs and CPU are all running and benchmarking faster. The moment this program comes up, be it in an active or disabled state, Boom the performance drops.

Justintyme and I have done a lot of testing and found that this Turbo Boost driver/program is seemingly the culprit. We have done many tests including installing nothing but the benchmarks after a fresh install and simply rebooting 5 times, the moment Turbo Boost is installed, we lose the performance.

Yes I understand what the purpose of this program/technology is for and yes I still want it fully gone. 🙂 Suggestions?
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
5 REPLIES 5

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
I'm glad someone knows what this bloatware is for because it escapes me frankly.
As far as I know it only gets auto installed in win-10
Win-7 is turbo boost free it doesn't appear out of thin air unless one manually installs it that is.
Luckily I use 7 a lot more than 10 😄
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Oops easiest way to uninstall it if mistakenly installed is to remove intel management engine it auto installs turbo boost.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Oops easiest way to uninstall it if mistakenly installed is to remove intel management engine it auto installs turbo boost.

That doesn't make a tonne of sense because, 1. Don't you need the Intel Management Engine and 2. Turbo Boost installed itself after 5 reboots without me installing anything. At the same time after the initial boot up, if I load the management engine and reboot, it isn't there until the 5th reboot.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Intel management engine must just be slow at installing it

Not that I know of but I'm not all that paranoid about must have Intel security/ management either just another name for mcafee to me frankly 😄
I have my av and that's is all I need besides system images.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does using the intel extreme tuning utility to disable it work for your needs?

Also, you can disable it in power settings after a small registry change, I think?