cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean a really dirty and dusty laptop (asus rog g551jm)

ChristopherK
Level 7
Hi, i bought this computer a year or some months ago but it has gotten really dirty and dusty and i dont know how to clean it. Here is some pictures so you know what i am dealing with http://imgur.com/a/3uIqZ I would appreciate any help that can solve my issue.
5 REPLIES 5

larry0071
Level 7
Not to be rude, but you cough/sneeze into your stuff. I find that to pretty disgusting.

Turn off your PC and start with Lysol wipes, suffice all of that spit, phlegm and snot that you've shot all over your machine.

Then get a clean wash cloth, rinse it with straight hot water, ring it out as dry as you can, go over it at least a few times making sure to get into crevices and corners.

You can also use a vacuum with the soft bristle brush attachment to try to break free food that is lodged around keys and such, and draw these particles up and out

Stop spraying body fluids all over your stuff. Wow is that horribly gross. Don't eat near your stuff. Eat at the table like a human. Food and drinks on and in your PC are not good.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah sorry i dont really eat near my computer and whenever i sneeze i turn away but whatever, maybe i just need to be more careful. Can i use the lysol wipes and the washcloth for the whole computer or only for the screen and keyboard? Thank you for your answer.

I wouldn't use Lysol on the screen. Get some LCD screen cleaner for that.
I use this https://www.amazon.com/Magic-keyboard-cleaning-dust-remover/dp/B00CESL2CQ on the rare occasion I need to clean the keyboard and also a can of compressed air to blow out anything loose beforehand.

Alright, thank you so much 🙂

larry0071
Level 7
On my kids laptop that often looks that way ($1500 ROG) I use Lysol wipes and then hot water being that there is plenty of biological substance to get rid of. The hot water gets rid of steaks from the Lysol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk