cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Know if its a OC related Blue screen

zoran
Level 9
Hi All
Owning FSX means I do a lot of PC work with Tweaking the game and re arranging and adding sceneries and always adding new software so occasionally I get a run of blue screens until I catch the offending software etc

I have recently over clocked the Maximus IV gene z to 4.4 but I always pass the bench test, prime 95, memtest or any of the others and have found FSX to be the greatest bench test because it will send me to blue screen pretty quick if Im not stable

The question is how can I tell if the blue screen is overclock related or due to buggy software? Im getting 1 blue screen a day but never during gaming or one of the 7 hour prime tets
9 REPLIES 9

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey zoran have a look at this site for BSOD codes and what they may point to:

http://www.overclock.net/t/935829/the-overclockers-bsod-code-list

Just have to be quick and catch the code....or get a program like blue screen view....

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hey zoran have a look at this site for BSOD codes and what they may point to:

http://www.overclock.net/t/935829/the-overclockers-bsod-code-list

Not intentionally trying to hijack the thread but do you know if we have a BSOD list for Haswell/Z87?

zoran
Level 9
Thanks Arne, I can read the code okay so will check it out

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

found it 0x124 = add/remove vcore or QPI/VTT voltage (usually Vcore,

Pratham
Level 10
Just run it on stock clocks....if you don't get BSOD then it's OC related..If you still getting blue screen try removing you recently installed software.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Not sure no, not seen one yet....I mean that list is pretty transferable up to a point but I was meaning to search for updates to it for the new platforms....

HiVizMan
Level 40
The BSOD list will be the same as for Ivy due to the very similar architecture of the processors.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, exactly....0x124 can be VCCSA VTT or Vcore itself....