cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i reflash motherboard?

arnnieeeee4666
Level 7
Hello,

I would like to reflash completely my motherboard rog strix Z370-h gaming but i can't downgrade nor can i fully reflash the current latest bios file.
It is so annoying. Has someone an idea about an official way to do it? the current bios file is coming from asus french website….

With kind regards,

Arnaud
8 REPLIES 8

x-rated
Level 8
what error does it show? :eek:

Hello X-rated,

Sorry for the confusion, i completely forgot to mention the error: "the bios file is not a proper bios". I Wonder if it s a story of formatting in fat32 but i m nearly convinced of the way i used to format the usb stick. I also forgot to mention it has also refused to flash the dvd bios file ( as it is also a previous version maybe).

Again thank you for the help,

with kind regards,

Arnaud

x-rated
Level 8
did you try flashing from ssd or hdd? save the file to C:\, D:\ or somewhere else and try again 🙂

Hello,

I tried to reflash from C: and from 😧 in FAT32 but no luck "the selected bios file is not a proper bios" again .

Thank you in advance for your time and help,

Arnaud

x-rated
Level 8
maybe try different locations, save that bios file to more folders and try them all, it has to work

JustinThyme
Level 13
How are you flashing? What are you flashing? Need more info

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

i picked up the bios file from https://www.asus.com/fr/support/(https://www.asus.com/fr/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-H-GAMING/HelpDe... and i downloaded the .zip file on the downloads folder and extracted it with right click extract to usb which was previously formatted as fat32 using diskpart --->format fs=fat32. i also tried with winzip to check if it wasn't the extraction of the file the rootcause.

At this time i m not sure from where to download the bios file and also if i m at the correct bios website. I also have heard i should use 7zip to extract the bios file.
the bios thats currently flashed on the system is the 1801 and i would like to flash the 1704 but apparently it is impossible to downgrade. I m nearly certain i have a bad bios file on the system i should be able to reflash….

I hope i ve given enough information,

with kind regards,

Arnaud

PS: i m flashing using the utility in the bios itself. if you know another method then i ll be glad to know it thank you

JustinThyme
Level 13
Dont know if winflash is compatible or not with that board. If it is then its as simple as installing it then launching a command prompt window with admin privledges then locating the winflash exe and entering the path of the exe followed by /nodate
Example
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash

then
Winflash /nodate

This is if its refusing it because its and older version.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein