cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to choose a gaming laptop ? ....under $400?

Rog-Gamer
Level 7
Hello , it's my first post here so don't hate me 😄
i'm planning to buy new gaming laptop but don't have enough budget to put the Asus Rog in my list so i was searching at the internet for gaming laptops under $400 and found this : http://www.touch4laptop.com/best-gaming-laptops-under-400/
i confused between Lenovo Z50 - AMD - 8GB Ram - 1TB HDD and Dell Inspiron 15 - AMD - 8GB Ram - 1TB HDD , the post don't have any asus laptops.
so which one is the best Lenovo Or Dell ?
the asus laptops is my favorite and i have the TP200 with no issues so if there is any asus gaming laptop better than them please let me know?

thank you
10 REPLIES 10

kkn
Level 14
Video: AMD Radeon R7 with shared graphics memory, this is integrated CPU graphics not a stand alone GPU witch would give you 100000000x bether power and graphic quality.
as long as its minecraft for example its more then good enough

if you want a gaming laptop you have to go way up in price if it comes to FPS games.
i always say you get what you pay for, the cheaper it is the less you get performance vice.

If i should choose one computer in your link it would have been the, HP Premium Laptop – AMD – 8GB Ram – 1TB HDD.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Performance-A10-9600P-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B01N0KT81H?SubscriptionId=AKI...

FonzieBulldog wrote:
If i should choose one computer in your link it would have been the, HP Premium Laptop – AMD – 8GB Ram – 1TB HDD.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Performance-A10-9600P-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B01N0KT81H?SubscriptionId=AKI...

Thanks FonzieBulldog, i will recheck the HP

kkn wrote:
Video: AMD Radeon R7 with shared graphics memory, this is integrated CPU graphics not a stand alone GPU witch would give you 100000000x bether power and graphic quality.
as long as its minecraft for example its more then good enough

if you want a gaming laptop you have to go way up in price if it comes to FPS games.
i always say you get what you pay for, the cheaper it is the less you get performance vice.

Thanks kkn 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
If I had to choose......

I would choose to panhandle until I could raise the money to get a decent ROG!
Not to be offensive or condescending but gaming laptop and under $400 don't belong in the same sentence unless you know someone who knows someone who saw one fall off the back of a truck and ran to pick it up before it got run over and the packaging was so spectacular that its 100% perfectly intact and they are will to part with it for $399.99.

If you want a gaming machine you will have to pony up and dig deeper unless of course by gaming you meant minesweeper.
You can squeak by on bare minimum if you said under $1000 and beg, grovel, whine, cry and complain to whoever it is necessary to do so until they help with the balance.

I don't buy such extravagances for my kids but If they are willing to put in the effort and really try hard and come up short Ill help them out.......but only because panhandling is illegal!! LOL

Like I said, not meant to be offensive. Just to save you from slapping yourself later when you realize you get 2 FPS in minecraft.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
If I had to choose......

I would choose to panhandle until I could raise the money to get a decent ROG!
Not to be offensive or condescending but gaming laptop and under $400 don't belong in the same sentence unless you know someone who knows someone who saw one fall off the back of a truck and ran to pick it up before it got run over and the packaging was so spectacular that its 100% perfectly intact and they are will to part with it for $399.99.

If you want a gaming machine you will have to pony up and dig deeper unless of course by gaming you meant minesweeper.
You can squeak by on bare minimum if you said under $1000 and beg, grovel, whine, cry and complain to whoever it is necessary to do so until they help with the balance.

I don't buy such extravagances for my kids but If they are willing to put in the effort and really try hard and come up short Ill help them out.......but only because panhandling is illegal!! LOL

Like I said, not meant to be offensive. Just to save you from slapping yourself later when you realize you get 2 FPS in minecraft.

Thanks JustinThyme, i understand your idea but what i'm try to do is getting the best perfroamcen under this price, thanks again 🙂

Nate152

ASUS has always done me right*http://pc4u.org/

Fancy0917
Level 7
If you want to choose between a Lenovo and a Dell for a gaming laptop, I'll probably choose Lenovo that's exactly what my nephew is using. You could take a look about a Lenovo Y50 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Gaming Laptop PC (Intel Core i7 2.4 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 8.1).