cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Havig issues with game performance

Mavellion
Level 7
Hello i have a asus strix x99 gaming motherboard i7-6850k gtx 1080tiftw3 my psu is evga 850W supernova v2 i believe and the ram im using is corsair vengance LPX300mhz 32gb total running at xmp only no regular oc and i am experiencing fps drops in almost everything i play bttlefield monsterhunter doesnt matter im at my wits end trying to figure this out i can provide more info if needed.
1,222 Views
9 REPLIES 9

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What CPU (system specs in general might help) what cooling for CPU?

Have you been keeping an eye on temps...any throttling possible....VRM/CPU/GPU?

If everything is powered fine and cooled fine I'd start to look at drivers and maybe clean OS install.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
What CPU (system specs in general might help) what cooling for CPU?

Have you been keeping an eye on temps...any throttling possible....VRM/CPU/GPU?

If everything is powered fine and cooled fine I'd start to look at drivers and maybe clean OS install.


how would i check vrm temp while gaming

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Use an aplication like HWiNFO64...leave it open in the background and when you finish you can see max temp reached etc.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Use an aplication like HWiNFO64...leave it open in the background and when you finish you can see max temp reached etc.


https://gyazo.com/cc800e2d32d43b3ab2be9f53475a1061

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, if that is after a normal gaming session then temps don't look a problem.

You didn't really come back with specs though...is your RAM a single kit for example...

If you set F5 defaults in BIOS does this "FPS drop" still happen? I guess I should ask what you mean by that...I'm imagining normal frame rates tank and never recover?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yeah, if that is after a normal gaming session then temps don't look a problem.

You didn't really come back with specs though...is your RAM a single kit for example...

If you set F5 defaults in BIOS does this "FPS drop" still happen? I guess I should ask what you mean by that...I'm imagining normal frame rates tank and never recover?


i am getting micro stutter and i am using an idetical kit meaning i bought 16gig kit and then the same 16gig kit i will try bios defualts
edit i tried bios defaults and got pretty much the same result i am getting a hardware failure in aida 64 at xmp i dont know what would cause that

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Separate the kits (by serial number on sticks) and use just one of them...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...


i removed the other sticks and it fixed my aida64 crash ran for 30mins with no issue still a bit of lag on games though

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Any way you can return the kits and get a single 4 stick kit of the size you want?