cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hats off to the Asus case engineers - saved me some $$

davemon50
Level 11
Just to set the scene for you.....last night I was standing in the Kitchen cooking dinner, and my daughter was in the other room (where I could see her) playing a video game on her tablet while sitting on the couch. My wonderful Asus G752VY laptop was sittting next to her on one of those standing TV trays, which stands about 30" above the floor, just humming along nicely. I use it to type on the computer while watching TV. Well, something happened in her game that got her all excited and as she let out a little shout her legs kicked straight out from her. Just so happened to make perfect contact with the table's front legs, and my laptop went flying backwards along with the table.

I looked up when I heard the shout, but even though the laptop was flying it looked like slow motion to me, like in a movie. Insert jaw drop and gasp here.

So the long and the short of it is, after I got done yelling at her (not one of my better moments I think), I put everything back up nicely arranged and checked it all out. All I can say is this, that laptop should've been broken. Drives, boards, monitor, case, something should've broken. But it's perfectly fine! So as the title of this thread says, hats off to you Asus guys who know how to construct such a beast as this G752VY. I know you guys do a lot of testing for drops, shakes, and whatnot for resilience, but I fully expected my laptop to be a brick after getting kicked off a table like that. You guys saved me a lot of money, and thank you for the thought you put into making your laptops withstand such abuse.

FYI I do not recommend testing your own laptops in such a way. 😉
Davemon50
0 REPLIES 0