cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting scared with all the probs..

1sthurricane
Level 7
I am seeing horror stories concerning problems with the Asus Rog monitor and the x99 Deluxe mobo's.I am having these two items shipped for a new build and there are so many posts with 1)defective products 2)Absolutely no customer service to make right the problems.I have used Asus products for years...should I be afraid? I understand the "human error' with builds but I see so many threads where people keep having the same problems over and over again.
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Don't be afraid, the x99 boards are not designed for the novice user. If you know what you're doing everything should be fine.

coyi1895
Level 10
Remember that what you see in the forum is not reflective to those that have the products. Far more likely to see complaints and problems than praises in the forums. People have working products no problems don't really go to the forums to sing praises which is why the picture is lop-sided to us.

Just look forward to getting your products.

1sthurricane
Level 7
Allrighty Coy...will have confidence that I will receive the "working" products I have paid for.Thanks for replies gents...my fingers are crossed!

coyi1895
Level 10
I bought 9 different products from Asus ranging from motherboards to a router and I haven't come across a defective product yet. My first Asus' motherboard was M4A89GTD Pro/USB 3 and that is still going strong.

It's rare to get a defective product and customer care is not bad either. I think I contacted them about 4 times and normally waited for a day or two but they always got back to me and have been helpful. I supposed like all services, if treat them like crap they would be less obliging to help.

X-ROG
Level 15
This is predominantly a support forum though, so people will invariably come here with problems. Typically we sell in excess of 20 million motherboards a year and we don't get 20 million new signups, so, we're doing something right 😉 Our X99 series takes 50% or more of the market in some regions so proportionally we'll see more voice on it even if the total % of issues is the same as the 'industry average' of a couple of %.

The MB RD teams keep an eye on these forums, among others, to check for common problems.