cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gaming laptops still suffering diagonal screen tearing 2017

whatcorey
Level 7
any game i play on my laptop is unbearable because of the diagonal line going through the entire screen, this has been an issue for a while and microsoft nor nvidia have done anything about it, only acknowledge it. just wondering if anyone has found a fix for it or anything, so i can enjoy gaming again.
Heres the link to several people who have the issue, originally started in 2015, nothing has been done to fix it.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/903422/geforce-mobile-gpus/diagonal-screen-tearing-issues-o...

specs
ROG GL752VW
2.6 ghz
i7 processor
windows 10 home
16 gigs of ram
nvidia geforce gtx 960m
1 REPLY 1

JustinThyme
Level 13
Im afraid what is biting you in the butt is the 960M GPU. Its the very bottom tier GPU in any ROG notebook.
Tearing is caused when your display is putting up the images faster than your GPU can spit them out.
Some machines offer Gysnc, economy models do not.
Your best bet is to start your games on the lowest possible settings and work your way up a little at a time. Dont be disappointed to find that some games are just not at all playable on a 960M GPU.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein