cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Motherboard Box

Khalat
Level 7

Hello everyone,

I purchased a new motherboard and RAM and grabbed my shopping bags from the car.

When tried to get out of the car, the contents fell from a short distance of 50 - 60cm to the ground.

Everything was still inside the boxes/packaging. Do you think the hardware is alright? I don't see any visible signs of damage; the boxes are not damaged.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Khalat
Level 7

@drop4205  Thank you for the reply.
Nothing happened to the box and everything is fine and packaged inside the box, but I was worried about it. 

does ASUS Packaging is safe against dropping down?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

drop4205
Level 12

I would suspect that the motherboard is fine  if the box  doesnt  look to bad.  Take motherboard out and look.  They are packaged decent in the boxes.  

Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Khalat
Level 7

@drop4205  Thank you for the reply.
Nothing happened to the box and everything is fine and packaged inside the box, but I was worried about it. 

does ASUS Packaging is safe against dropping down?

Murph_9000
Level 14

ASUS motherboard packaging is pretty good, so I wouldn't be too worried based on what you described.  They expect the boxed boards to be shipped out to customers and the handling they get by the shipping companies is often not particularly gentle.

I once had a motherboard (not an ASUS board) arrive with a large footprint on the top of the box and the box literally soaking wet.  That one got sent back, and another was dispatched with overnight shipping.  That was an extreme case, but an example of the couriers not doing a good job.