cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need to register your Asus product in order to get warranty?

Raad11
Level 7
One of my friends just got burned by another company that had limited warranties unless you registered the product.

I just built a new system with an Asus motherboard (Maximus IX Hero) and video card (1080 Turbo). Do I need to register these products online to get a warranty? How long is the warranty on these?

What about my CPU? (Intel Core i7) or RAM? (G.Skill) Anyone know if those require registration too? I also have hard drives from HGST and Samsung, I don't suppose anyone knows about those as well?

I know Corsair doesn't require it because I just got warranty service done on a 6-year old PSU by them (7-year warranty).
2 REPLIES 2

Bahz
Level 12
Moving this to general discussion as it should not be posted in this section.

For extended warranty it's usually required that you register your product and upload copy of purchase invoice. If you don't register your product then the warranty offered is usually just the default, not including any extended warranty offers and based on manufacturing date through S/N check.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
As far as I know, if you keep a copy of the invoice, we can usually use that for the warranty date in the U.S. as long as it's from an 'authorized reseller' (used or second-hand items would not reset the warranty start date, etc.), so that should give you a little more time.
Otherwise, if you lost or don't have the invoice, we should be able to check the 'manufacturer' warranty from the serial number.

If you have the interest, contact ASUS support and give them your serial number to find out how much warranty you have (and ask if you need to register while you are at it?) which would be the manufacturer warranty without the invoice.
Then contact them again or reply to tell them you have the invoice and give them the details of whom it was purchased from and the invoice purchased date to find out your warranty with the invoice if you're interested.

Not sure if all the other regions follow the same process, but expect many do since products do sometimes sit in the warehouse for a while before being sold.