cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

deangelo
Level 7
Just like the title says random display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered although all i get is a no signal screen from my monitor. I hear that the x79 chipset has this issue seeing if anyone knows a fix?
17,885 Views
28 REPLIES 28

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
the best way is to go back to a early version. the nvlddmkm is present on the last april24 update and have some issues. but nothing mayor. since the windows update 1803 17134.48 is a little better. i test the update last night and is ok, at least i can see Netflix. or play game without getting black screen in full window (on some situations or games or apps) we need to wait or rol back.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

deangelo wrote:
Just like the title says random display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered although all i get is a no signal screen from my monitor. I hear that the x79 chipset has this issue seeing if anyone knows a fix?


If running anything that polls the GPU such as GPU Tweak or Afterburner, remove and retest. If no joy roll back to an earlier driver. Might help if you disclose what GPU it is, too.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
If running anything that polls the GPU such as GPU Tweak or Afterburner, remove and retest. If no joy roll back to an earlier driver. Might help if you disclose what GPU it is, too.


It does the same thing with earlier versions of the driver on win 7 and win 10 and the card is ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING. It's really random too can happen every few days or once in a week or so, last night played gta v for 2 and a half hours no crashes or anything come home tonight after work turned on my pc and talked to my girl for awhile and while we were talking saw it loss signal just sitting there with windows screen saver also tried turning that off still does it. I'm getting pretty frustrated at this point. Someone recommended updating video card bios but i haven't tried that yet or rma it but before i do that i have a old evga 8800gts i'm going to try and see if it does it while using that card.

Itzycharles wrote:
the best way is to go back to a early version. the nvlddmkm is present on the last april24 update and have some issues. but nothing mayor. since the windows update 1803 17134.48 is a little better. i test the update last night and is ok, at least i can see Netflix. or play game without getting black screen in full window (on some situations or games or apps) we need to wait or rol back.


I had the exact same issue with windows 7 so im pretty postive something else is going on .

deangelo
Level 7
Btw the last couple of crashes it's not showing the display driver stopped responding in the event viewer, just shows kernel power from me forcing shut down.

kkn
Level 14
do a clean instal of GPU drivers, do it in safe mode.

kkn wrote:
do a clean instal of GPU drivers, do it in safe mode.


Already have my friend and it still does it. Sometimes it shows display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered in the event viewer other times just shows the kernel power error from hard reset.

Nate152
Moderator
Hi deangelo

Are you overclocking your Strix 1080 Ti ? Sometimes the driver crashing is because of too high of an overclock.

If you're not overclocking, it could be a psu issue. You could try two other pcie cables in two other pcie ports on the psu.

Let us know how it goes after further testing.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi deangelo

Are you overclocking your Strix 1080 Ti ? Sometimes the driver crashing is because of too high of an overclock.

If you're not overclocking, it could be a psu issue. You could try two other pcie cables in two other pcie ports on the psu.

Let us know how it goes after further testing.


It's factory oc but i do have gpu tweak 2 installed usually have it on silent when im not gaming and have had it off completely and it still losses signal and either shows the nvlddmkm stopped responding in the event viewer or just the kernel power error from hard reset. And i thought about the power supply I'll try a couple new cables.