cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Means to RMA my Maximus V Formula?

Lunaus
Level 7
Hello, I've posted before but not in awhile (or often).

I'm having terrible issues with my Maximus V Formula to the point of not being able to use a lot of features and I'm afraid it might ruin my CPU, PSU, and/or GPU.

I tried to issue an RMA for it since it is way out of the warranty period and additional insurance wasn't taken out against it, this was a birthday gift so I do not have the receipt and I no longer have direct contact with the person who gifted me the motherboard, I have everything except the original box including the manual, and of course the S/N or else I wouldn't have been able to register it.

So I'm wondering if I can RMA without the receipt? I understand the need for it so randoms from ebay can't demand it be fixed because the seller sold a faulty mobo to them and the seller isn't an authorized reseller for Asus products, I really love the board and it's been going strong since 2012 and never gave me any issues but now.. here's a laundry list of things going wrong:

• SATA ports are hit/miss, all HDDs are showing as removable even though policy settings aren't set that way (nor are the BIOS settings); I've replaced all cables issue continues
  • The middle two 3.0 USB ports don't work, even with Mouse/Keyboard connected (I use fast boot)
  • Audio In/Out fizz in and out before completely dropping; never had issues until recently, tested with multiple AUX cables
  • Primary RAM slot and the one following are completely OUT; tested each of my 4 RAM sticks one by one and received the same code

If I cannot get this through for an RMA I'll just sell it for whatever parts can be scrapped from it as I know fixing the RAM slots will be near impossible.
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA | CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology | GPU: 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel
3 REPLIES 3

Zka17
Level 16
In this case I may try a BIOS flash to the latest one... maybe after reading a little bit about the best versions...

Zka17 wrote:
In this case I may try a BIOS flash to the latest one... maybe after reading a little bit about the best versions...

I'll try this to see if it's salvageable, a friend went ahead and got me a replacement mobo though.
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA | CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology | GPU: 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel

Heini
Level 11
You can send it in for repairs but I would guess it would be cost prohibitive. Sell what you can and plan to build a new machine when the budget allows.