cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
634 REPLIES 634

stilkdog
Level 7
With the new WIndows 1909 update version 1.07.71 no longer works. 1.06.17 does function without any problems. Not sure where the logs are stored for crash errors.

Yuji_Saeki
Level 7
To all: LightingService most likely has crashed for you. ASUS may say AURA is not available, or isn't installed, though it may very well be. It has some error-handling issues (1.07.71 and under, at least) so it crashes depending on certain device properties. I mentioned where some issues are to ASUS in various emails but they seem to be uninterested in actually fixing anything.

Yuji Saeki wrote:
To all: LightingService most likely has crashed for you. ASUS may say AURA is not available, or isn't installed, though it may very well be. It has some error-handling issues (1.07.71 and under, at least) so it crashes depending on certain device properties. I mentioned where some issues are to ASUS in various emails but they seem to be uninterested in actually fixing anything.

Yeah I'm not sure when it happened, but I think it was with the latest Armory Crate update, everything under ProgramFiles(x86)\LightingService just disappeared and I haven't been able to get it back. My RGB has been doing its own thing for 2 weeks now since that update.

sonicice wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure when it happened, but I think it was with the latest Armory Crate update, everything under ProgramFiles(x86)\LightingService just disappeared and I haven't been able to get it back. My RGB has been doing its own thing for 2 weeks now since that update.

Install it manually then? I did. I don't use Crate, I install all of my own drivers directly from manufacturers. I've been doing that since 2004 because I got sick and tired of stale drivers from vendors or features being ripped out or added that weren't standardized or using stable software/drivers...*cough*ASUS*cough*...

DMAN999
Level 9
Just FYI,
After updating to BIOS 2704 (and now 2801), Aura version 1.07.57 is working properly on my ROG Strix B450-F again. 😄
I was using version 1.06.95 because it was the only version that worked properly for me before with my 2600 and BIOS 1201.

1mluer
Level 11
I moved to a pure Armory Crate environment and it seems to be working a little better than with 1.07.71
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

AliAPCMR
Level 9
Hi guys i have asus aura installed and i have re installed the OS by formatting my ssd just to get this working but avail. The issue with me is i am playing black ops 4 the game runs fine and soon as i run it with asus aura game mode on within the settings the asus aura on my mobo changes orange and then starts flashing am like great it works but in game when i die it does not change red and when it does change red i have to di multiple times and then just the mobo changes red the ram stays the same colour orange and when i close the game and exit to desktop the lights are still orange, i have ran asus aura cleaner unistalled this software so many times and re installed clean install of the OS nad its still the same

Motheboard: Asus Hero VI x370
RAM: HX432C16PB3AK2/32
ASUS Aura: 1.07.71

I was having a ton of problems trying to get Aura to run (even started a thread about it), until I found this thread and decided to install version 1.06.17, as per user @MoKiChU's recommendation. I was finally able to open Aura without any error messages!

However, my LED strip (CableMod WideBeam), which is Aura Sync-compatible, is not synced with my mobo (Asus Maximus IX Formula) and RAM (G.Skill Trident Z RGB). It lights up properly during calibration (displaying the correct colors in the correct order: red, green and blue), and all effects can be applied to it, but the colors remain out of sync, compared to the mobo/RAM (which are in sync).

Can anyone please help me?

EeK9X wrote:
I was having a ton of problems trying to get Aura to run (even started a thread about it), until I found this thread and decided to install version 1.06.17, as per user @MoKiChU's recommendation. I was finally able to open Aura without any error messages!

However, my LED strip (CableMod WideBeam), which is Aura Sync-compatible, is not synced with my mobo (Asus Maximus IX Formula) and RAM (G.Skill Trident Z RGB). It lights up properly during calibration (displaying the correct colors in the correct order: red, green and blue), and all effects can be applied to it, but the colors remain out of sync, compared to the mobo/RAM (which are in sync).

Can anyone please help me?

I am thinking that aura 1.06.17 doesn't recognize that rgb strip in that version of software. that is price of using a very old version as it does not have the updates to understand new products and even ASUS board configurations. I have 1.07.71 running at the moment but I had to completely reload windows to do it.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!