cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
634 REPLIES 634

namoi wrote:
Yes reported multiple time already and it is clearly related to the mouse. I have a Claymore, a 1060 Strix on an X99 Strix Gaming so I tested multiple combos and it crashes only IF the mouse is synced in Aura AND if the mouse is actually used. The time it takes is variable (from 5 to 30 minutes).

Nonetheless I narrowed it to the Rainbow effect. Well at least with Breathing and Color Cycle Aura doesn't hangs/freeze (i didn't tried the other modes though).

So to reproduce on a X99 Strix Gaming with a Claymore, a Gladius 2, a 1060 Strix and a populated rgb header with strips/fans (if that matters) on Windows 10 Enterprise.

- Sync the mouse in Aura
- Switch to Rainbow effect (i use gradient color 0 to 359 hue if that matters with the standard speed)
- Use the mouse for at least 5 to 30 minutes while doing stuff (browsing is enough)

Yep exactly...

im building a new PC for my brother,,, and making it AORUS ones... not gonna suggest ASUS anymore...

Hi All,

I am having an issue that's stressing my brain out.

Hardeware:
Asus b250i rog strix
Various RGB components
Phantek Enthoo Evolve Case

The reason I mention the case is that it has its own RGB controller on the front panel for the power button and front panel LED. So it has its own RGB effects.
http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ITX-TemperedGlass.html

I tried to sync my motherboard and components to the cases RGB system. I did not realise you have to alter the Case's RGB controller to do this. You cant just plug in the motherboard to the case RGB as it conflicts.

SO ITS CONFLICTED

Now all my RGB components are showing incorrect colours. I have unplugged from the CASE RGB. My RGB used to work correctly before I plugged into case.
RED is showing as - Purple
GREEN is showing as - Teal/turqoise light blue
BLUE - Is showing correctly. Weird.

When I turn off the motherboards RGB system the Motherboards RGB turns off but all my components turn to blue. Cant turn them off.

It seems like the CASE controller has reconfigured the motherboards controller to show different colours instead of the proper colours as stated above.
I have tried calibrating the RGB header. Doesnt help.

ANY IDEAS?

Cookie! wrote:
Hi All,

I am having an issue that's stressing my brain out.

Hardeware:
Asus b250i rog strix
Various RGB components
Phantek Enthoo Evolve Case

The reason I mention the case is that it has its own RGB controller on the front panel for the power button and front panel LED. So it has its own RGB effects.
http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ITX-TemperedGlass.html

I tried to sync my motherboard and components to the cases RGB system. I did not realise you have to alter the Case's RGB controller to do this. You cant just plug in the motherboard to the case RGB as it conflicts.

SO ITS CONFLICTED

Now all my RGB components are showing incorrect colours. I have unplugged from the CASE RGB. My RGB used to work correctly before I plugged into case.
RED is showing as - Purple
GREEN is showing as - Teal/turqoise light blue
BLUE - Is showing correctly. Weird.

When I turn off the motherboards RGB system the Motherboards RGB turns off but all my components turn to blue. Cant turn them off.

It seems like the CASE controller has reconfigured the motherboards controller to show different colours instead of the proper colours as stated above.
I have tried calibrating the RGB header. Doesnt help.

ANY IDEAS?

You will need the Phanteks RGB Mobo adapter. Mandatory as the layout used by Phanteks are not standard hence the wrong color (don't try to calibrate it won't work with the controller on - with it off I am not sure though but better to use the adapter as it will correct the pins layout).

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

Then follow to the letter the manual provided with the cable. Mostly you will need to disable the rgb controller by long pressing the rgb control button on the Phanteks control panel until the light turn off. You can then use that switch as a reset button with a cable extension (Dupont male connector will fit in the JST of that cable).
The rest is straightforward.

namoi wrote:
You will need the Phanteks RGB Mobo adapter. Mandatory as the layout used by Phanteks are not standard hence the wrong color (don't try to calibrate it won't work with the controller on - with it off I am not sure though but better to use the adapter as it will correct the pins layout).

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

Then follow to the letter the manual provided with the cable. Mostly you will need to disable the rgb controller by long pressing the rgb control button on the Phanteks control panel until the light turn off. You can then use that switch as a reset button with a cable extension (Dupont male connector will fit in the JST of that cable).
The rest is straightforward.

Hi There, Thanks for your response.

I do have the phantek RGB adapter. That is what I had used to connect the motherboard to the pahntek case. However I did not long press the reset button which is probably the problem here.

Regardless my motherboard is no longer connected to the case at all and my RGB lighting is wonky. It used to work correctly.
My RGB components are made up of 3 LED strips , 2 fans and 1 CPU cooler block.
1 of the LED strips are a phantek LED strip and has the phantek connection, my CPU cooler block (deepcool captain ex240 RGB) also has the same phantek connector however the other components, 2 LED strips & 2 fans have a different connector (pins)

I managed to wire these all together using

(https://za.etzetra.com/products/1pc-4-pin-rgb-led-cable-1-to-2-1-to-3-1-to-4-4pin-female-to-female-4...)

Now there was some "jimmy" work, cutting of cables, manually connecting PINS to phantek connectors. I managed to work it out and get it all correct. The system was working great, all colours corresponded. The problem arose when I connected that working system to the case incorrectly...

Now, when I plug in even 1 RGB component to the motherboard, LED strip or fan, the colours are incorrect. Purple, teal, blue. Which means the motherboard is pushing out the wrong colours.......... Does not matter if I use the phantek LED adapter or the one that came with the motherboard.

NOTE: When I recieved this case the default colour on the LED on the front of the case was a light pink. When my system was connected to it, it turned my system light pink. Now my system will NOT go red or green or blue properly.

Strange

Cookie! wrote:
Hi There, Thanks for your response.

I do have the phantek RGB adapter. That is what I had used to connect the motherboard to the pahntek case. However I did not long press the reset button which is probably the problem here.

Regardless my motherboard is no longer connected to the case at all and my RGB lighting is wonky. It used to work correctly.
My RGB components are made up of 3 LED strips , 2 fans and 1 CPU cooler block.
1 of the LED strips are a phantek LED strip and has the phantek connection, my CPU cooler block (deepcool captain ex240 RGB) also has the same phantek connector however the other components, 2 LED strips & 2 fans have a different connector (pins)

I managed to wire these all together using

(https://za.etzetra.com/products/1pc-4-pin-rgb-led-cable-1-to-2-1-to-3-1-to-4-4pin-female-to-female-4...)

Now there was some "jimmy" work, cutting of cables, manually connecting PINS to phantek connectors. I managed to work it out and get it all correct. The system was working great, all colours corresponded. The problem arose when I connected that working system to the case incorrectly...

Now, when I plug in even 1 RGB component to the motherboard, LED strip or fan, the colours are incorrect. Purple, teal, blue. Which means the motherboard is pushing out the wrong colours.......... Does not matter if I use the phantek LED adapter or the one that came with the motherboard.

NOTE: When I recieved this case the default colour on the LED on the front of the case was a light pink. When my system was connected to it, it turned my system light pink. Now my system will NOT go red or green or blue properly.

Strange

Well my guess is the Phanteks RGB controller used alongside Aura messed up the lighting somehow.
Do your mobo lights or RAM or GPU light (if any) work normally (ie Is the rgb header the only problem ?) If yes just plug the captain ex with its own cable and check, if no :

What I would do first is removing ALL devices connected to the Mobo RGB header then uninstalling thoroughly Aura (Use Aura Cleaner AND a registry cleaner to get ride of the leftovers - I really mean it, that last part is really important) then install it again and check with only the captain ex rgb (this one has a standard pins layout).

If the problem is still present I would try to reset the CMOS.
If still no luck, reflash the bios maybe (don't think it will help, but when we are in ****...)

Finally if it doesn't help, well you probably screwed your Aura chipset firmware and reflashing it is maybe the only solution. There is a special tool for this (look in this forum) but i don't remember if it is an universal one or for some motherboards model only.

Good luck

Hi Guys,

So I got my new PC built last month and everything seemed to work ok. Although after couple of weeks, Aura software stopped working and crashing from time to time but once I restarted my system it worked fine. I used it to control the lighting of my MoBo and my RAM. Last evening I got a message you'd normally get when you plug in a new audio device even though I didn't plug anything. Then few minutes later I noticed that my lighting on the RAM and Mobo is stuck(it was set to a Rainbow effect with a gradient). So I restarted the system thinking it's the usual problem with the Aura software. After the restart, my MoBo lights was stuck in one color and my RAM was going through the default color cycle.

Since I saw alot people saying to have the most updated version of Aura, I installed that(didn't know about the new version that come out recently). After which the software was detecting the RAM but not the Mobo. After another restart, Aura was detecting the MoBo but no RAM. At this point I hit the refresh button on the Aura software which made the software to detect both components. I was happy and the light show began until this morning when I started my PC only to see the MoBo is being detected again. I hit the refresh button couple of times which didn't do anything but Aura crashed and now I'm getting an error 'Aura stopped working' everytime I run it and sends a crash report to DrDump website.

Do anyone have an idea what's going on and any solution for it?

My specs are in my profile info except the part number of the memory which I will update ASAP. It's a Teamforce Nighthawk RGB 16GB kit (8GBx2)

Sorry for the extremely long story but any help will be great. Thank you all.... 🙂

Edit: I have RGB Fusion and Logitech Gaming Software installed for controlling the lights on the Graphics card and my peripherals.

okay here is another aura sync problem!!! my motherboard icon in aura sync is missing. the only hardware aura detects are my dram, gpu and add strip. i have tried everything literally eveeerything!!! from unblocking the zip file from the properties, unplugging my psu, clearing cmos, turning off the rgb lights in my bios and reinstalling it multiple times and much mooore!! I NEED HELP REALLY BAD!!! aura sync is driving me insaaane... i might go into depression if this continues!! HEEELP!! everything is updated by the way

intel i7 8700k

maximus x hero wifi

strix 1080 ti

dual g.skill trident z rgb ram 3000mhz

samsung 960 evo 500gb

firecuda 1tb hdd

seasonic 620w evo edition bronze

Exactly same issue, Motherboard, DRAM & RGB strips showed only once, and now only DRAM, if you find a solution please tell me.

max87 wrote:
okay here is another aura sync problem!!! my motherboard icon in aura sync is missing. the only hardware aura detects are my dram, gpu and add strip. i have tried everything literally eveeerything!!! from unblocking the zip file from the properties, unplugging my psu, clearing cmos, turning off the rgb lights in my bios and reinstalling it multiple times and much mooore!! I NEED HELP REALLY BAD!!! aura sync is driving me insaaane... i might go into depression if this continues!! HEEELP!! everything is updated by the way

intel i7 8700k

maximus x hero wifi

strix 1080 ti

dual g.skill trident z rgb ram 3000mhz

samsung 960 evo 500gb

firecuda 1tb hdd

seasonic 620w evo edition bronze

Hello everyone.

I am hoping someone will be willing to assist me with an issue I am having with the AURA software and ram LEDs.

I have a x399 Zenith Extreme MB and Trident Z rgb ram, but have not been able to get the LEDs to work on the ram or the ram to be seen by the Aura software. I attempted to follow the bios instructions -->For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled -- but the issue that I am running into is that the bios doesn't have an option for "DRAM SPD Write". The only thing under the DRAM Timing Control setting is "Dram Timing Control After Training".

If anyone has any experience with this MB and this issue, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have scoured a solution to the 10% utilization of my CPU with no success. I've tried several versions of the 1.05 beta, 1.05.38. 1.06.17 and 1.06.29 also with no success. With static colour profiles the LightingService application in windows task manager it is non existent but jumps to 10-13% CPU usage when using "Rainbow" or "Cycling" effects. Surely this much computing power is not required to control some simple LEDs.