cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
198 REPLIES 198

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Yes of course you can. Should you is another question.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
Yes of course you can. Should you is another question.

Ive stuck with 1704 since release. Just update your ME Firmware, MEI drivers, and manually do your microcode. And confirm via the intel powershell, inspectre, etc that you are mitigated against threats. All good

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
Ive stuck with 1704 since release. Just update your ME Firmware, MEI drivers, and manually do your microcode. And confirm via the intel powershell, inspectre, etc that you are mitigated against threats. All good

Exactly where I'm at.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Jsunn
Level 7
Hello All,

I am running 2003 on the Maximus X Formula and an 8700K O/C to 5.0GHz.
I am concerned about my CPU VCCIO Volage and the CPU Systems Agent Voltage.
My RAM is the Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600MHz CL16-16-16-36 1.35V 32GB kit.

When I load the XMP profile both voltages run really high on auto.
I am seeing the below values:
CPU VCCIO Voltage: 1.440V AUTO
CPU System Agent: 1.424V AUTO

In Der8auer's Hero X Overclocking video, he states that the above values should be in the neighborhood of 1.24V.

With BIOS 1803 I was 100% stable at 5.0GHz, but now I am seeing a thread die in Prime95 small FFTs.

Thoughts and are these normal?

Thanks,
J

Jsunn wrote:
Hello All,

I am running 2003 on the Maximus X Formula and an 8700K O/C to 5.0GHz.
I am concerned about my CPU VCCIO Volage and the CPU Systems Agent Voltage.
My RAM is the Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600MHz CL16-16-16-36 1.35V 32GB kit.

When I load the XMP profile both voltages run really high on auto.
I am seeing the below values:
CPU VCCIO Voltage: 1.440V AUTO
CPU System Agent: 1.424V AUTO

In Der8auer's Hero X Overclocking video, he states that the above values should be in the neighborhood of 1.24V.

With BIOS 1803 I was 100% stable at 5.0GHz, but now I am seeing a thread die in Prime95 small FFTs.

Thoughts and are these normal?

Thanks,
J

Hello,

It's best to read sticky "Understanding and using XMP". As it's stated over there:

"When enabling XMP it is normal and should be expected that the board will alter other settings as well as voltages. These changes are set up to accommodate the processors at the lower end of the lot sampled. Especially with voltages it is the responsibility of the user to change these values to amounts that suit the particular CPU and configuration being used."

So in short - running XMP at auto voltages will result in higher voltages than in many cases it's needed.

Try to get as low as possible, if I set 3200 and leave VCCIO and SA in auto there are at about 1.3 and other at 1.25. I can run my memory at this frequency at VCCIO 1.05 and SA at 1.10.

You need to check what's stable for You, in worst case scenario You may have to leave auto voltages so high to achieve stability.

Melkor wrote:
Hello,

It's best to read sticky "Understanding and using XMP". As it's stated over there:

"When enabling XMP it is normal and should be expected that the board will alter other settings as well as voltages. These changes are set up to accommodate the processors at the lower end of the lot sampled. Especially with voltages it is the responsibility of the user to change these values to amounts that suit the particular CPU and configuration being used."

So in short - running XMP at auto voltages will result in higher voltages than in many cases it's needed.

Try to get as low as possible, if I set 3200 and leave VCCIO and SA in auto there are at about 1.3 and other at 1.25. I can run my memory at this frequency at VCCIO 1.05 and SA at 1.10.

You need to check what's stable for You, in worst case scenario You may have to leave auto voltages so high to achieve stability.

I am using those values on my 3600mhz C18. and is very very stable
Learn, Play Enjoy!

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
They have appeared to try and optimize memory timings in 2003. Sometimes would dial in weird memory timings. Could not get stable.

Never set sa and io voltages go auto. Those are way high for xmp an 5 GHz imo.

olimpiubogatean
Level 8
Hello all,

ROG MAXIMUS X CODE have available, the bios version Version 2102 2019/07/19.
This version can be installed on windows 64 bit too?
Thx

olimpiubogatean wrote:
Hello all,

ROG MAXIMUS X CODE have available, the bios version Version 2102 2019/07/19.
This version can be installed on windows 64 bit too?
Thx

Yes. They just haven't updated the site completely.

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
Is the 8700k microcode still 0xb4 in this update? Can someone check after flash?