Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted

MoKiChU
Level 40
370 REPLIES 370

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Maximus XI Extreme BIOS update 1302 brought back audio dropouts on my new Sound blaster AE-9. I know you guys at Creative labs are trying to enhance performance but for the love of god, some of us do other things than just gaming. Jeez!

Jesseinsf wrote:
Maximus XI Extreme BIOS update 1302 brought back audio dropouts on my new Sound blaster AE-9. I know you guys at Creative labs are trying to enhance performance but for the love of god, some of us do other things than just gaming. Jeez!

agreed..just want **** to work,thats not too much to ask is it?

swddeluxx
Level 9
The latest 1302 Bios is good, Ram Overclocking 4266 CL17 with Command Rate 1T is now easy possible :cool:

swddeluxx wrote:
The latest 1302 Bios is good, Ram Overclocking 4266 CL17 with Command Rate 1T is now easy possible :cool:

while I am no-where near that (can't break 4000mhz) I can confirm it has improved ram overclockability significantly

i was able to go from 3733mhz to 3900 with 1302

EDIT: spoke to soon. 3900 was only stable because i hadn't dialed my cpu overclock in yet

1PYTHON1
Level 8
last time i updated the bios i had to go through and redo all my settings in bios

1PYTHON1 wrote:
last time i updated the bios i had to go through and redo all my settings in bios

Thats why you backup the last or all the 8 user profiles to a USB drive, last option on the user profile page.

Detleg wrote:
Thats why you backup the last or all the 8 user profiles to a USB drive, last option on the user profile page.

you can't really backup bios settings. you can save them to a text file, but no way to automatically restore them

cars10 wrote:
you can't really backup bios settings. you can save them to a text file, but no way to automatically restore them

You can, at least on the Maximus XI Hero. I personally did it and I explained the process at page 31 of this same thread. I did it both times from BIOS 1005 to 1105 and from BIOS 1105 to 1302, both times worked as intended and I did not have to change a single setting afterwards, everything was as in the previous bios version. Just save the settings in the *.CMO format and then reload them after the bios update.

Kelutrel wrote:
Just save the settings in the *.CMO format and then reload them after the bios update.

Ah, thanks!

So I assume it doesn't save the settings in that format right from the bat in case there is a menu item difference between versions.. so renaming the file extension at your own risk then ?

cars10 wrote:
Ah, thanks!

So I assume it doesn't save the settings in that format right from the bat in case there is a menu item difference between versions.. so renaming the file extension at your own risk then ?

No need to rename the file extention. Must be CMO.*

Btw. As far as I remember F2 saves txt file while CTRL (or SHIFT)+F2 saves CMO bin file.